Rip Current S

I am getting two Rip Currents delivered today for my wife and I. Super excited to put them together and try them out. I bought a slap guards, spoke tool, shock pump and trunk bag based on reading this forum. I know many comments apply to all juiced bikes- but I am specifically interested in how other Rip Current owners feel about their bikes and how they have performed off road. I will post after the first ride. We are in Marin county and will do light off roading . thanks!

UPDATE- Built them yesterday. The first bike ultimately had an unworking battery. Spent over an hour w customer service and couldn’t Get the LCD to work, by troubleshooting all kinds of things. Then I took the battery off the second RCS and suddenly it powered up the LCD display. I will have to mail the battery back, then juiced will send a replacement battery.
Built second RCS, and found it is stuck in R mode, it will not change settings no matter how I hit the plus/minus buttons. Also the throttle works intermittently. Checked wire connections, and they are good, it was Friday late, so I don’t have access to customer service. Any ideas? Thinking the LCD screen may need replacing too. Bummed we can’t ride them, but trying to remain patient that I can get both working

Remain patient. Took me about a month before I got everything right for my bike but my patience paid off with $250 worth of gift cards that went to pay for a fast charger. The bike itself is so much fun. I’ve put over 600 miles all over Los Angeles County and was recently up in Marin visiting my wife’s relatives encouraging them to buy electric since it’s such a beautiful area to ride in.

UPDATE- Built them yesterday. The first bike ultimately had an unworking battery. Spent over an hour w customer service and couldn’t Get the LCD to work, by troubleshooting all kinds of things. Then I took the battery off the second RCS and suddenly it powered up the LCD display. I will have to mail the battery back, then juiced will send a replacement battery.
Built second RCS, and found it is stuck in R mode, it will not change settings no matter how I hit the plus/minus buttons. Also the throttle works intermittently. Checked wire connections, and they are good, it was Friday late, so I don’t have access to customer service. Any ideas? Thinking the LCD screen may need replacing too. Bummed we can’t ride them, but trying to remain patient that I can get both working

I've got one on the way also. Not encouraging from a quality control / parts quality standpoint.

I hope they are responsive and are doing what they can to get the problems sorted out expediently. Please let us know how it goes!

Mondays Update- Juiced sent the battery out today, they also sent a lcd display and throttle control. I have to say that although I would rather have everything work, customer service has been excellent, and all of my issues appear to be taken care of. They credited me with $150, and per Merc’s suggestion I just ordered the satiator! The neighborhood has been over at my house gawking at the bikes. I must say that although I have had a few issues, I am still happy I went with Juiced, as the brick and mortar product is at least twice as expensive. You just have to be persistent with solving any issues caused by shipping. And I expect to be riding these next weekend, I will update with a photo!

Welcome to the forum, Jeff. :cool: I am jealous of how everybody is getting credits!!! :eek: I bet the RipCurrent is a bunch of fun, because you go over any terrain. :D

Did yours arrive? Everything working?

So after a bit of a delivery issue with FedEx, I picked up my RCS this morning at one of their distribution hubs (long story...)

Seems overall everything was mostly intact, a few disappointing scrapes and whatnot (surprised it wasn't worse considering the packing - marginal I thought).

Everything seems to function at this point though, so that's good, but I'll continue to adjust a few things (front brake rotor seems not quite flat - rubs a little...)

Didn't put on the rack etc... so don't know about that fitting, but at a glance it looks like it isn't bent.

The main issue I'm concerned about though is the battery looks a bit cocked in the frame when locked in - it isn't quite 90 degrees to the front of the bike. Almost looks like it doesn't seat exactly right, but it appears to click in, and does make connection. Doesn't seem to be any adjustment in the battery mount, but I've not studied it that closely.

Also seems like the brakes are quite weak, but maybe they need to wear in a little?

So after a single 10 minute ride, I like the quiet of the motor, peddle assist seems to have better feel than a Pedego Ridge Rider (which has a torque sensor) I tried a while back (but not what you get with a Yamaha etc... of course).

I like the fit of the frame - I got a large size, I'm 6' 175lbs.

Also like the subdued ride w/ the fat tires (about 18 lbs in there at the moment).

So far, things seem pretty good. I'll make a call to Juiced next week on the issues I have, but I'm guessing they'll be able to handle them and none of it will be a big deal.

It's functional so I'm going to go take a ride!

Good to hear Iamjcl. Nice that it is all working well, hope it stays that way.
I had another issue with mine, the power cut out on a ride, then came back, then cut out again. Customer service asked me to charge the battery fully and try it again. It worked for 20 minutes then cut out. Power to lcd display but no throttle and no pedal assist. Late Friday I found a phone message from Juiced on my voicemail apologizing for the issues I have had, offered to send another bike with a mechanic to build it at my house, take my bike dissemble it and send it back. Pretty great customer service! I will keep you updated. Bummed that my wife and I couldn’t ride again this weekend, but staying patient.

So after a bit of a delivery issue with FedEx, I picked up my RCS this morning at one of their distribution hubs (long story...)

Seems overall everything was mostly intact, a few disappointing scrapes and whatnot (surprised it wasn't worse considering the packing - marginal I thought).

Everything seems to function at this point though, so that's good, but I'll continue to adjust a few things (front brake rotor seems not quite flat - rubs a little...)

Didn't put on the rack etc... so don't know about that fitting, but at a glance it looks like it isn't bent.

The main issue I'm concerned about though is the battery looks a bit cocked in the frame when locked in - it isn't quite 90 degrees to the front of the bike. Almost looks like it doesn't seat exactly right, but it appears to click in, and does make connection. Doesn't seem to be any adjustment in the battery mount, but I've not studied it that closely.

Also seems like the brakes are quite weak, but maybe they need to wear in a little?

So after a single 10 minute ride, I like the quiet of the motor, peddle assist seems to have better feel than a Pedego Ridge Rider (which has a torque sensor) I tried a while back (but not what you get with a Yamaha etc... of course).

I like the fit of the frame - I got a large size, I'm 6' 175lbs.

Also like the subdued ride w/ the fat tires (about 18 lbs in there at the moment).

So far, things seem pretty good. I'll make a call to Juiced next week on the issues I have, but I'm guessing they'll be able to handle them and none of it will be a big deal.

It's functional so I'm going to go take a ride!
I notice the same thing with the battery. I didn't look at it when I popped it out. But, putting it back it, it looks like it isn't all square, but its in there and working.

Brakes are a bit weak, yes, I noticed this as well.

I notice the same thing with the battery. I didn't look at it when I popped it out. But, putting it back it, it looks like it isn't all square, but its in there and working.

Brakes are a bit weak, yes, I noticed this as well.

So looking at the battery now after some time, it appears to me that they put in a strip of rubber tape on the left side edge (open side of frame) of the battery mount area running the whole long dimension down the frame. This apparently is to make the battery sit snug, and to keep it from rattling (and possibly causing the loose connection issues some older bikes had / have). Seems solid, but I think the visual result is the battery does not align squarely since the rubber strip holds that side up about 1/16 I'd say. This is my speculation anyway. So it is a bit of a kludge in my book, but kept them from having to retool the battery case or the frame receiver.

Maybe somebody from Juiced can comment.

Got my front brake aligned ok now - wheel quick release end nut has to be very tight or there is some play in the wheel to fork.

Good to hear Iamjcl. Nice that it is all working well, hope it stays that way.
I had another issue with mine, the power cut out on a ride, then came back, then cut out again. Customer service asked me to charge the battery fully and try it again. It worked for 20 minutes then cut out. Power to lcd display but no throttle and no pedal assist. Late Friday I found a phone message from Juiced on my voicemail apologizing for the issues I have had, offered to send another bike with a mechanic to build it at my house, take my bike dissemble it and send it back. Pretty great customer service! I will keep you updated. Bummed that my wife and I couldn’t ride again this weekend, but staying patient.

I'm sorry you didn't get to get out and ride - I know that's a real bummer when you'e been looking forward to it.

Seriously strong on Juiced's part though! That's impressive customer service. Clearly they're dedicated to standing behind their product and making the customer glad they chose Juiced.

So looking at the battery now after some time, it appears to me that they put in a strip of rubber tape on the left side edge (open side of frame) of the battery mount area running the whole long dimension down the frame. This apparently is to make the battery sit snug, and to keep it from rattling (and possibly causing the loose connection issues some older bikes had / have). Seems solid, but I think the visual result is the battery does not align squarely since the rubber strip holds that side up about 1/16 I'd say. This is my speculation anyway. So it is a bit of a kludge in my book, but kept them from having to retool the battery case or the frame receiver.

Maybe somebody from Juiced can comment.

Got my front brake aligned ok now - wheel quick release end nut has to be very tight or there is some play in the wheel to fork.
Here is a photo showing this.

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_185249752.jpg
    IMG_20190504_185249752.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 522
So looking at the battery now after some time, it appears to me that they put in a strip of rubber tape on the left side edge (open side of frame) of the battery mount area running the whole long dimension down the frame.

Could we get a picture of the tape?

Could we get a picture of the tape?

This photo is one from this review of the bike - not my own photo. It shows up better on this one since his test bike is red, tape is black. It's the black strip down the close edge of the battery area of the frame.

Attachments

• juiced batt tape.jpg
    juiced batt tape.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 531
This photo is one from this review of the bike - not my own photo. It shows up better on this one since his test bike is red, tape is black. It's the black strip down the close edge of the battery area of the frame.

Thanks, @iamjcl. Not sure if I have that tape on my CCX. Very interesting.

Back