Riese & Muller Tinker vs. Walerang Tjugo

soyiuz

Trying to decide between these two excellent city bikes for a heavily urban work commute. What do you think justifies the 1k+ price difference on the Tinker? Any input is welcome.

You know, the Walerang Tjugo frame looks a lot like the Ariel Rider M Class and the Orbea Katu-E 10. Looks like the main difference is what motor do you want? How many gears? Components?
RM Tinker with belt drive means you don't have to mess with upgrades. Pay now or later? Proprietary system or something more flexible?

Probably a little late for this reply, but I suggest riding both of them. I did and really wanted to like the R&M Tinker, but it was geared so low it was tough to hit 20. The Tjugo didn't have this issue.

Ah, thank you @rannyv! I did ride both of them and went with the Tinker as I was not a fan of the Shimano speed selector. I will likely look into gearing higher, although my commute has been pretty comfortable so far.

I actually wound up buying the R&M Roadster HS. It is one of R&M's cheapest bikes, but cost wasn't the factor. The Roadster handled beautifully and was light for an e-bike. And it has no problem maintaining all the speed I need and then some.

Back