Riese & Muller Service (when there's no dealer)

ottomark

I'm close to purchasing a Riese & Muller, but the one thing holding me back is service. I live in Austin, Texas. The closest dealer to me is in Aurora, Colorado, which is 900 miles away. So the question is, how do you get the bike serviced under warranty if the closest dealer is 900 miles away? Or is there a way? Thanks for any insight you can offer...

I'm close to purchasing a Riese & Muller, but the one thing holding me back is service. I live in Austin, Texas. The closest dealer to me is in Aurora, Colorado, which is 900 miles away. So the question is, how do you get the bike serviced under warranty if the closest dealer is 900 miles away? Or is there a way? Thanks for any insight you can offer...

I wonder if you have done any research at all.
Rocket Electrics in Austin is one of the larger R&M dealers and they are very popular for their eBike tours and rentals:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...59-Reviews-Rocket_Electrics-Austin_Texas.html

This is their R&M rental flet:

1557197715688.png

They have great reputation for their tours and this is their ebike fleet. They are also one of the premier Pedego dealers: https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com...ctrics-jets-to-new-heights-as-a-pedego-store/

1557197516405.png

If I've done any research? I've seen their reviews. I've tried meeting with them twice and they haven't showed for either appointment. They are open 20 hours/week out of a trailer. Etc. But now I see that they are no longer listed on the R&M website as a dealer, which is why I said the closest dealer is in Aurora, Colorado -- at least according to R&M.

If I've done any research? I've seen their reviews. I've tried meeting with them twice and they haven't showed for either appointment. They are open 20 hours/week out of a trailer. Etc. But now I see that they are no longer listed on the R&M website as a dealer, which is why I said the closest dealer is in Aurora, Colorado -- at least according to R&M.

Sorry to hear that.
They used to be a good shop and I guess Kickstarter bikes and internet marketing killed their business of selling ebikes.

If you did not know Court Rye bought one of his earlier eBikes in 2013 from them.

As a fellow R&M owner, I can relate to your predicament. R&M is very anal about warranty work being done by an authorized shop and keeping up with regular maintenance intervals.
They don't even transfer warranty if you want to sell your bike under warranty.

Software updates, electronic issue and warranty service can be a bit of pain if you don't have a dealer nearby.

Propel Bikes in Brooklyn, NY has detailed website explanation re: how they support their bikes that are sold to far away customers. Worth checking out.

Hey Silo1231. I just received a great response from both Propel and another manufacturer. Very interesting. Thank you for that. Not nearly as bad as I imagined it might be...!

Great, I purchased from Propel, live an hour away, had a service issue and they resolved very quickly. Good luck with your search.

Thanks. Now trying to get a local dealer of Stromer to become an R&M dealer as well. Would love that and he's interested...!

Hey. Yes! Electric Avenue Scooters is now a distributor and service center. I’ve had great luck with them and purchased my Supercharger through them. Let me know if I can help further.

Back