Ribble now sells eBikes

15mph assist on a road bike is pretty funny. You're going to get left in the dust with all the acoustic road bike guys! Stock 250wh battery doesn't impress me either.

24 lbs is pretty light for an electric road bike. You could ride without the assist and leave it for when you really need it on the climbs.

24 lbs is pretty light for an electric road bike. You could ride without the assist and leave it for when you really need it on the climbs.

I have Obrea Gain. Carbon Fibre frame same electric hub and battery as Ribble, weighs slightly less. Yes 15.6mph max. However I can easily average 20mph under my own steam for a couple of hours. However, as a transplant patient, I need help on hills and for distances over 40 miles. There are a lot of aged
roadies out there, like me, who are now looking for a little help for various reasons? These "new type" of ebikes are selling like hot cakes here in the UK. Loooong waiting lists for them. BTW, US. versions same motor etc are limited to 20mph.

I have Obrea Gain. Carbon Fibre frame same electric hub and battery as Ribble, weighs slightly less. Yes 15.6mph max. However I can easily average 20mph under my own steam for a couple of hours. However, as a transplant patient, I need help on hills and for distances over 40 miles. There are a lot of aged
roadies out there, like me, who are now looking for a little help for various reasons? These "new type" of ebikes are selling like hot cakes here in the UK. Loooong waiting lists for them. BTW, US. versions same motor etc are limited to 20mph.
Do you shut off the motor when you don't need help? Hard to imagine much range over 40 miles on a 250wh battery with an average over 20mph.

Do you shut off the motor when you don't need help? Hard to imagine much range over 40 miles on a 250wh battery with an average over 20mph.

Yes. Motor usually gets switched on for:- Steep hills, Headwind and if I've over done it. Even then only have ever used eco mode, which I have reduced to 75% output. Did 90 mile ride earlier this week, light wind 8mph. Rode out to coast, Headwind out, rolling sort of terrain nothing steep. Arrived home having used 26% of battery. Other guys I know, have eco mode on permanently, are getting around 60 miles on full charge. Don't forget although only 250 watt, my bike weighs just under 11 kilos with deep section carbon wheels. It weights no more than an early 80's pro racing machine and handles even better.

Back