Replica airguns

I've thought about getting one as they do seem fun and I've enjoying target shooting in the past. Thinking about this one.
You should try it, they are a lot of fun. But you do here of people having bad experiences with some of them. Most of them are made in Taiwan, by KWC.
Umarex makes some of their own,but also imports alot from KWC.
All three of my guns are from KWC. and I have had no problems with them ,except for the colt 1911 has jammed up three times so far,and that is my own fault for reusing the bbs.
I have close to 2,000 bbs through all three so far and am completely satisfied! Go ahead and enjoy cheap shooting!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
Yes, that Broomhandle is a fun little gun. Buy CO2 cartridges for it in bulk though!

Funny story - Was up at the Cowboy range this weekend (I participate in Cowboy Action Shooting). Had some dead time on Friday after setting up the stages for the weekend match, so I had brought the Brocock Sniper XR out for some target practice in the wind.

One of the ladies who shoots Cowboy with us got really excited when she saw us shooting an air rifle. On a neighbor's recommendation she had just bought a Gamo Whisper Fusion, she had attached the included scope, and asked us for help sighting it in.

To Americans 'speed and power' always seem to be the drivers of buying decisions, with more always being seen as better. Well this was a pretty powerful rifle but man, that thing was a real bear to cock! The scope was typical Gamo OEM (not real good) and the trigger was gritty and heavy. We got the gun sighted in as best we could, taught her how to use it, and she had a few shots.

Long story short is that she couldn't shoot it accurately at all (none of us could) and could barely cock it. She tried my Brocock and was tearing out the bullseye of the target. Gamo is going back to Amazon and she now has a Brocock Sniper XR on order. Fortunately her husband is a very successful dentist so they can afford it! :)

WELL, I got another one! 20201017_115629.jpg20201017_115539.jpg
A Swiss Arms 1911. Made wood grips for it too.
I think that the 4 gun case is about filled up! Don't you think?
Keep looking up! Ken.20201017_115353.jpg

Here is one of my high power air rifles this one is 25 caliber does 1” groups at 100 yards killed a wild boar at 75 yds in Texas. It’s a RAW HM 1000X
Those RAW's are just awesome. Was on my short list for a long range rifle when I saw a used FX Boss show up for a nice price. I find it to be incredible that one can shoot 7.62mm (and larger!) rounds effectively from an air rifle, and generate 80 lb-ft or more of energy at the muzzle!

I've only been able to stretch the legs of the Boss out to 52 yards in my back yard range. Hope to take it out to 100 the weekend after Thanksgiving, but with our County moving back into the most restrictive COVID tier this week, I don't know whether the range will be able to stay open.

E-bikes and backyard air guns sure have been making my 'stay at home' time fun and productive. Unfortunately my wife went down on one of our rides last week: Broken elbow in 2 places and broken scapula. The scapula will heal on its own, but the elbow requires surgery (tip of one bone where tendons are attached is fully broken off). Went to the orthopedic surgeon for a second time yesterday, but still can't schedule the surgery. Too much road rash in the area where he will need for surgical access, and too much chance of infection if he cuts into the tissue there right now. Likely be able to proceed the week after Thanksgiving. Fortunately he describes the procedure as an uncomplicated 'chip shot' surgery: Insert a pin, use a suture to bring the bones back into place, screw in place. Guess that if it had to happen it was best to occur in the 'off season', as much of one as we have in CA. Just not the same having to ride alone, however.

So to all: Be very careful of that 'momentary lapse in concentration' while riding! Things happen fast on e-bikes, and they can bite hard.
IMG_0937.JPG

FX has some nice gun I have a Crown in 25cal as well as an Impact with full barrel set in 22,25 and 30 cal . I’m planning weather permitting to bike up on some trails with my Edgun Leshiy or my Weihrauch hw44 and do some small game hunting.

Attachments

• B4A3C43A-0645-44E9-BB9B-47A761A6F300.jpeg
    B4A3C43A-0645-44E9-BB9B-47A761A6F300.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 376
Those RAW's are just awesome. Was on my short list for a long range rifle when I saw a used FX Boss show up for a nice price. I find it to be incredible that one can shoot 7.62mm (and larger!) rounds effectively from an air rifle, and generate 80 lb-ft or more of energy at the muzzle!

I've only been able to stretch the legs of the Boss out to 52 yards in my back yard range. Hope to take it out to 100 the weekend after Thanksgiving, but with our County moving back into the most restrictive COVID tier this week, I don't know whether the range will be able to stay open.

E-bikes and backyard air guns sure have been making my 'stay at home' time fun and productive. Unfortunately my wife went down on one of our rides last week: Broken elbow in 2 places and broken scapula. The scapula will heal on its own, but the elbow requires surgery (tip of one bone where tendons are attached is fully broken off). Went to the orthopedic surgeon for a second time yesterday, but still can't schedule the surgery. Too much road rash in the area where he will need for surgical access, and too much chance of infection if he cuts into the tissue there right now. Likely be able to proceed the week after Thanksgiving. Fortunately he describes the procedure as an uncomplicated 'chip shot' surgery: Insert a pin, use a suture to bring the bones back into place, screw in place. Guess that if it had to happen it was best to occur in the 'off season', as much of one as we have in CA. Just not the same having to ride alone, however.

So to all: Be very careful of that 'momentary lapse in concentration' while riding! Things happen fast on e-bikes, and they can bite hard.
View attachment 71843
sorry to hear about your spouse, and wish her a speedy recovery

Be ware. I have about $4k worth of high power airguns and they are great but unless you want to go full boat and either get a high dollar special compressor or invest in dive tanks and have a local dive tank filler that will fill your tanks .... you are very near dead in the water. Yeah there is a super high pressure hand floor pump but that gets very old very fast.

sorry to hear about your spouse, and wish her a speedy recovery
Yes, you need to do all you can do to keep infections away!
I ended up with a bone infection in my foot, from a motorcycle crash, I know about pain!!
Your wife thinks she is in pain how.it is nothing compared to when they scrape skin to the bone.
Wish I could help somehow, just keep her safe. My friend, Have the best Thanksgiving you can!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Last edited:
Be ware. I have about $4k worth of high power airguns and they are great but unless you want to go full boat and either get a high dollar special compressor or invest in dive tanks and have a local dive tank filler that will fill your tanks .... you are very near dead in the water. Yeah there is a super high pressure hand floor pump but that gets very old very fast.
You are right about the air pump mine cost $1600 and it was not the most expensive. My compressor puts out 4500psi dive tanks are only good for a little over 3000 psi I picked up a few carbon fiber tanks that can handle the pressure. I also have a small tank that can fill most of my guns more than needed for a day of hunting so I only lug the big tank for competitions or range practice. quality air rifles are an expensive hobby to need to invest around 3-5 thousand dollars to get started. Good rifles cost 1200 to 3500 each plus scopes are another 500 tp 2000 per gun. Hopefully I’m happy with just 1 ebike or I may need to sell of some guns.

Three of my favourites... nickel Beretta with wood grips (.177 pellet, 6 shot), black Beretta with laser sight, (BB, full auto option), Sig Sauer with wood grips (.177 pellet, single shot). The Sig is super accurate (for a pistol)... target below is 10 shots at 30 feet. I got my first one (well, since I was a kid) to deal with a rat in the back yard, then got hooked practicing.

738541D5-8FB2-40C7-9DC4-A75BBF7D481E.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F370346-84F3-40B5-AB2A-20FD48A34CC2.jpeg
    4F370346-84F3-40B5-AB2A-20FD48A34CC2.jpeg
    766.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Three of my favourites... nickel Beretta with wood grips (.177 pellet, 6 shot), black Beretta with laser sight, (BB, full auto option), Sig Sauer with wood grips (.177 pellet, single shot). The Sig is super accurate (for a pistol)... target below is 10 shots at 30 feet. I got my first one (well, since I was a kid) to deal with a rat in the back yard, then got hooked practicing.

View attachment 71878
Your grips are nice! Did you make them your self?
Keep looking up! Ken.

Your grips are nice! Did you make them your self?
Keep looking up! Ken.
No Ken, the guns came with those grips... I did put a better finish on them though. I like what you’ve done with wood grips... maybe I’ll get ambitious and replace the plastic ones with walnut. Thanks!

View attachment 71878
I only have 1 air pistol but many air rifles . I used to do a lot of target shooting long range 1000 -1500 yards but the range closed and the nearest one with those distances are too far away. I get the same rush at 200 yard with a air rifle as I had at 1000 with my .308. Here is photo of my air pistol it’s from Germany

image.jpg

Well, l have had my first boo hoo!
The Springfield 1911, jammed up at about half cycle, and would not move.
I took it apart and found that the o-ring on the piston seal got jammed it the air nozzle. I wish I would of taken pictures!
I have replacement parts on the way.
Some are coming by FedEx.
I know this is not nice to say, but I hope they were not on that truck that crashed by Dallas, I know it was a deadly crash.
My order is so small they will never be able to find it.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Back