Replacement seats for Rover

nycsteve

Tried a search , no luck.
Any suggestions on a more comfortable seat than the stock ? Done a few long trips on the new Rad and would love to have a more comfortable seat. Also , before I start googling and researching options , is there a seat or mount that will move the seat back a few inches ?
Thanks guys.

Have a look at the factory seat post. It allows for a front to rear adjustment.

I went with the bigger C9 seat, but that's not to say it's the only one that will fit. There are dozens of choices, each with their own set of fans touting the fact they work best for them. Would be nice if you could rent one and use it for a couple of rides!

The position of the stock saddle on the post is adjustable. There isn't a few inches to play with, but a small adjustment can make a big difference. And there are seat posts like Thudbuster and others that can smooth things out a lot. As AHicks said, there are scores of saddles out there. Finding the one that's right for you can be expensive and/or a matter of luck.

Brooks saddles are a top line, and they adjust to your butt over time. I had a Brooks B17 once and loved it. That bike was stolen. Now I seem to have developed an iron butt. The RadRover stock saddle doesn't give me much to complain about in a 30 mile ride. Maybe I have it adjusted right.

TT

I did (took a lot of mixing and matching and tossing parts for the right combo for me):
- Bodyfloat v2.0 420mm suspension seatpost (any suspension seatpost is better than nothing)
- Cloud 9 11.5X12.5 cruiser seat
- Added Sunlite 0-60 degree adjustable handlebar stem
- Wear padded underwear or padded riding shorts
- keep the front suspension open
- set my rover PSI between 20-22
- BC wide MTB pedals (foot would sometimes slip off when wet w/ Rad pedals and the BC wide pedals fit my size 14 shoes better)

The longer seatpost was to fit my 6'3" frame better because the 350mm Radrover seatpost was too short (causing right knee pain). Adding the adjustable stem raised me to a more upright riding position and less stress on upper arms, shoulders, and back. The larger Cloud-9 seat allowed me to sit on my cheeks and that greatly reduced the pressure in the prostate area.

Another bonus about my combo is I'm able to stay seated over 95% of bumps that would make me lift off the original rad seat set-up. Much more comfy ride if you can stay seated. I have +7000 miles between my two 2016 Radrovers with this combo.

Have a look at the factory seat post. It allows for a front to rear adjustment.

I went with the bigger C9 seat, but that's not to say it's the only one that will fit. There are dozens of choices, each with their own set of fans touting the fact they work best for them. Would be nice if you could rent one and use it for a couple of rides!
Have my factory back as far as possible. Still not enough.

For long rides 20 miles or more i use a c19 Brooks all weather, with the sun tour nCX seat post , if I’m doing a bit of trail riding and 20 miles or under I use a ergon smc4-m

Back