Replacement Reention Lock Assembly options (for EEL In Frame style Battery)

getslideways

Region
USA
I posted this in the Ride1up subforum a while ago, but since this part is not specific to that brand, i thought perhaps someone who owns a different brand that uses the same Reention lock assembly might better be able to provide some help if it was posted here

The original Post:

I am looking for the lock assembly, or just the inner barrel for this style of Reention Lock that works with their EEL series of batteries

So far the only place I have found has been: https://flx.bike/products/keys
(any of the options that say "with tunnel")

WeChatImage_20200320114337_1800x1800.jpg

at $55 bucks an assembly it seems a little steep for what isnt really a great or all that secure lock to begin with. If its the only option then sure, but figured I would ask the greater minds if there was anything else that was compatible, even if its just the inner barrel. I am in need of 2 replacement barrels (and likely keys as its probably easier to just get a new pair than have a barrel modified to fit my existing keys). The bikes were left locked up outside overnight and a failed theft attempt destroyed both locks. I was able to get both locks to release the battery and then remove and disassemble the "lock tunnel assembly". The "tunnel" themselves are perfectly fine and even the inner sleeve is salvagable if need be, just need the barrel and key assembly. The tunnel is stamped "REENTION PLA0325" but my searches with that have all been without reward. The barrel is just held in by a single screw. I messaged the only contact i could find for Reention but have not heard anything. I took a few pics of what was left in case that helps anyone recognize the part or something compatible

IMG-5486.jpg

IMG-5488.jpg

IMG-5487.jpg

The bikes are usually never left out of sight, but absentmindedness struck and so did the trouble makers. I really appreciate the community taking a look at this and sharing their thoughts.

Figured I would ask here first before shelling out $110 for two new complete tunnel assemblies to see if anyone has seen them elsewhere or has knowledge of other models that the inner "guts" could be used from that might be more readily available. If you click through the original thread link you will see i purchased one other style of Reention lock hoping the barrels would be compatible, but unfortunately even with some 3d printing mods it could not be made to work.

The locks are for a Ride1Up Core5 bike, but I know there are other brands that use this same style that might have parts available (Ride1Up does not have the part). I am getting tired of the fashionable zipties currently keeping my batteries in place now that the locks dont function haha

Thank you all!

epiccycles.ca in Canada sells the entire bracket for $40cdn (~$30usd) and they ship worldwide.

I think Amegoev.com sells the keys too if you want some blanks.

And finally I didn't check but https://www.greenbikekit.com/ sells key assemblies for many batteries and they at least sell the Reention Dorado electrical connectors because that's where I got mine. :)

Back