Rebuild naked Gazelle Cityzen S7 to electric .

Bob vd Dop

Spec's before: Gazelle Cityzen Shimano IGH 7 NEXUS, Rollerbrake's,
Spec's after: Gazelle Cityzen Shim. IGH7 NEXUS,Rollerbrakes, alu. rear black carrier with straps, alu black mudgards,AXA Defender lock, Black alu site-stand, Bafang 36v 250w mid-engine, 36v 13Ah battery,6-36V led lights front and rear, brake-sensor,850 color display, modified chaingard, tuned controller.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,109
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,829
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,145
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,834
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,794
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,707
1518385972106.png

Hi E-Wheels;
I put the lights on de wire (black/BlackWhite)from the controller, you can switched then on by the controls for the display

Hi Bob,
Ziet er strak uit, ik was benieuwd hoe je dit voor elkaar hebt gekregen. Ik ben ook geïnteresseerd in het ombouwen van mijn Gazelle fiets, maar ik dacht dat het niet mogelijk was vanwege het gebruik van geperste trapassen.
Hoe heb jij dit opgelost? Kan je me meer informatie geven over deze ombouw?
Met vriendelijke groet
Mart

Hi Bob,
Ziet er strak uit, ik was benieuwd hoe je dit voor elkaar hebt gekregen. Ik ben ook geïnteresseerd in het ombouwen van mijn Gazelle fiets, maar ik dacht dat het niet mogelijk was vanwege het gebruik van geperste trapassen.
Met vriendelijke groet
Mart
Hi Bob,
Looks neat, I was curious how you managed this. I am also interested in converting my Gazelle bike, but I thought it was not possible due to the use of pressed bottom brackets.
How did you solve this? Can you give me more information about this conversion?
Sincerely
Mar

Empowered cycles do a very good explanation of press fit adapters. They're very common.

Use Google. BBSHD PRESSFIT ADAPTERS

If you use Google Translate more of us can help rather than have to translate to help.

Old joke.

What is someone that speaks two languages?
ANSWER Bilingual

Someone that speaks multiple languages?
ANSWER Multilingual

Someone that speaks one language?
ANSWER Anglo American

I like this one. It is strong. See the bolt. I need them to eccentric for the secondary motor mount and to fit with clearance. That is when converting from an Anglo American BB frame's shell to English.
1673556379453.jpeg

Hi Bob,
Met vriendelijke groet
Mart
Hoi Mart, deze Gazelle heeft geen geperste trapas, dus de Bafang motor past er zonder aanpassingen in. Mocht je toch een geperste trapas in hebben (afhankelijk bouwjaar van de fiets!!) dan zou je een plastic vulbus over de trapas van de bafang motor kunnen schuiven zodat deze redelijk spelingvrij in het frame kan worden geschoven, verder gewoon vastzetten. Na verloop van tijd even de bouten/moeren nalopen. Dit heb ik al bij diverse geperste trapassen gemonteerd, werkt perfect.

Dank je wel Bob voor je antwoord en informatie. Ik ga nu verder onderzoeken of de oplossing met een plastic vulbus voor mijn fiets geschikt is, misschien zelfs met behulp van een 3D-printer. Verder nog bedankt voor de tip om de bouten en moeren regelmatig na te lopen. Ik hou je op de hoogte van de voortgang.
Groeten, Mart.

For the English speakers, a quick summary of the conversation so far:
I am considering converting my Gazelle bike with a pressed bottom bracket to an electric bike. After seeking advice from Bob, an expert in this field, I am contemplating using a plastic bushing that fits in the bottom bracket to ensure that the Bafang motor fits snugly in the frame. It's important to regularly check the tightness of the bolts and nuts after the conversion. I am also considering using a 3D printer to create the bushing that will fill the space in the bottom bracket. I will keep you updated on my progress.

pressed bottom bracket
What is the interior diameter of the frame's bottom bracket shell? Knowing that will help me in helping you. You might also consider the TSDZ2 motor. It has a secondary support on the chain stays just behind the bottom bracket.

38 mm is the inner diameter of the black cups. The diameter of the bottom bracket between the cups is a little less, around 35 mm.
1673820410662.png

Last edited:
38 mm is the inner diameter of the black cups. The diameter of the bottom bracket between the cups is a little less, around 35 mm.
View attachment 144743
Got it. Thanks. I had some made at a machine shop once for a different application. A BBSXX is about 33.4mm. You would want it to be eccentric for clearance.
Here is that very different application. It had a BB shell of something like 50mm and it got a 750W TSDZ2.

Attachments

• FatBoy4 (2).JPG
    FatBoy4 (2).JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 102
You can use a 10mm offset chainring to bring in the chain line. I would keep the lip on the cups. It is about 2 or 3mm.

Back