rear view mirrors ?

sid5427

Hi, Guys - so how do you look back ? literally ! :D

I usually have to ride on sections of hilly roads and would appreciate having a rear view mirror. Any suggestions for a good set ? Ideally, I would like both left and right ones.

I use the Bike Peddler Eyeglass mirror, $12, Amazon, attached to my sun visor of my bike helmet. It stays put on rough roads and trails. Wide square mirror for a good view behind you and it can adjust for best viewing angle.

I use during the day and night when riding on bike paths for fun or vehicle roads to commute to work. Don't really notice it is there until you need to take a peek behind you.

The only issue I have is it can slide off your helmet sometimes if you do an one hand adjust on the fly (best to stop and adjust with 2 hands). It can also fall off your helmet if you put it down on a flat surface. I usually take it off every ride and place in hard eye glass case in my Topeak MTX rack mount bag.

I like the helmet mirror a little better because of its small size, cheap, I can see behind me no matter how the front wheel is turned, there is already too much stuff on my RadRover handlebars, and I know I would knock handlebar mirrors off my bike eventually.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I installed a Mirrycle on the left side. It inserts into the bar end. It's fine with straight handlebars but if you have North Road style handlebars that curve towards you it does get in the way when turning left.

I installed a Mirrycle on the left side. It inserts into the bar end. It's fine with straight handlebars but if you have North Road style handlebars that curve towards you it does get in the way when turning left.
Mirrycle has been on my bikes for years. Now successfully using on my radrover. Whatever the style or brand, I find a bike mirror essential for being on the road with cars. Safe riding!

I'm using this one. They do come in pairs but I only need the left one. I have it as far left as the stock grips allow. Looking at it, my arm does block it a little bit but I find that just a little head tilt takes care of that. In my case though, I have a aftermarket handlebar that's lower so I don't know if it would be the same on the stock handlebar height.

I am using this one and I have like it. However it does stick out and I dropped the bike once and cracked the glass.

I like how the one @thatdude902 linked to sits in further and does not hang out. I may get that one next time.

Re: Mirrycle if you have handlebars that curve towards you it does get in the way when turning left.

I got fed up with whacking my left thigh on the bar end mirror when turning so I replaced it with this bar mounted convex mirror. Long arm, wide angle, don't have to look down as far to see behind me, and no more problems turning.

I use the Mirrycle. I like it's position beyond the bar end so that my own body or arm does not obstruct the view. You can also fold it back, enabling easier passage into my storage unit and its 3-foot wide door opening.

3rd eye mirror. Works well.

Attachments

• IMG_5492.JPG
    IMG_5492.JPG
    626.6 KB · Views: 1,191
Back