Rear light with turn signals and accelerometer for brake light?

Nwr2339

Hi all, Been looking for a tail light to attach to my rear rack that is battery powered, chargeable and has a wireless remote. Seen several that meet one one or two of my criteria but not all of them. Those with accelerometers don't have turn signals, those with turn signals don't have accelerometer and you need to hit a button for braking. Or it's just not clear in the description or reviews if the brake light is autoamtic.

I like the look of the Meilan X5 Bicycle Laser Tail Light. but the review are quite mixed. Any advice?

Wanting to include:
- Accelerometer for automatic brake light
- Turn signals via wireless remote that attaches to handle bar.
- Easily attached to rear rack.

Hard for me to estimate as I only use It infrequently but it has never quit on me over several night rides without charging

Hard for me to estimate as I only use It infrequently but it has never quit on me over several night rides without charging
I found a different posting in Amazon...I'll have it Monday. Hopefully I rig it to mount on my rack

Reactions: JRA
Got the light and so far it seems to work great. Long as the battery lasts as long as the bike battery I'll be happy.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200629_184158.jpg
    MVIMG_20200629_184158.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_20200629_184029.jpg
    IMG_20200629_184029.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 488
  • MVIMG_20200629_183905.jpg
    MVIMG_20200629_183905.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 472
I found a different posting in Amazon...I'll have it Monday. Hopefully I rig it to mount on my rack
Mind sharing the link that you ordered from to get delivery so soon? All the links I'm seeing are delayed shipped till late August. Thanks.

is there a power button on the light itself? or can you only turn on the light with the remote?

You can do both. I've just been turning the power on the light itself. And then on and off from there after with the remote. So far so good.

Mind sharing the link that you ordered from to get delivery so soon? All the links I'm seeing are delayed shipped till late August. Thanks.

Here's the link.

question? my seatpole is all the way low so you can say i have no seatpole. i also have no panieers. is there anywhere else in the back of the bike where i can attach this?

It comes with the seat pole attachment and a little bracket that will hook onto the seat itself. I guess it would all depend on what type of saddle you have. Mine is a attached to my rear rack and I used the saddle attachment not the seat pole attachment. I'll try and get a picture of it later if it helps. But I think there's info in the link that shows both attachment styles.

i dont ever want to touch the light once i install it. can i turn on the light with the remote only?

The only times you have to touch it is after a charge. You can leave it on the bike to do that too (or remove it and charge in the house if you'd like) but once charged, you turn the light on and from there just use the remote.

you essentially have to turn it on so it's on standby so you can use the remote. But I used it for 4 days and only used the remote after I turned it on on the base. Just brought it in last night to charge with the battery. Put it back on the bike and turn it on so it's on standby for the remote. That's it.

The only times you have to touch it is after a charge. You can leave it on the bike to do that too (or remove it and charge in the house if you'd like) but once charged, you turn the light on and from there just use the remote.

you essentially have to turn it on so it's on standby so you can use the remote. But I used it for 4 days and only used the remote after I turned it on on the base. Just brought it in last night to charge with the battery. Put it back on the bike and turn it on so it's on standby for the remote. That's it.
thanks. so i can leave it on standby overnight in my garage without it draining overnight?

So far I've been able to but I've only had it for 4 days. Now that I just fully charged it we'll see how long it lasts. My plan is to leave it on standby and just use the remote. I don't do much riding but usually a 5-mile Ride each morning. Skip today to go fishing though! But I'll start back up again tomorrow.

You might be giving car drivers too much credit for attentiveness if you think they will be able to see and properly react to an 8 inch LED mounted underneath your seat.

You might be giving car drivers too much credit for attentiveness if you think they will be able to see and properly react to an 8 inch LED mounted underneath your seat.

I don't. I still use hand singles and my mirror and...turn to check blind spots. The lights will at a minimum increase the likelihood of being noticed.

It's quite bright during the day and at night with lasers it looks like a glowing ball of light.

Using this light is not an excuse to not use hand signals or keep your head on a swivel. It just adds a level of awareness for other drivers / riders on the road/path.

Reactions: JRA
Been using the light for a little over a week. Definitely lasts the length of the batter on my Como 4.0 (35-50 miles per charge depending on how i ride and hills). Betting it would last 2-3 charges. Might try that this week.

Also an important thing to note. The light I bought has an ambient light sensor. I found that the light was seeming to turn off and I couldn't get it to stay on. Thought it was faulty but then noticed when I moved my hand under it, it would light up and then fade back off. Turns out its the sensor. I ended up having to put a piece of black tape over it. Odd their isn't an off switch.

Otherwise, the light has been great. Turning on and off from the remote with no need to touch the light.

thanks. so i can leave it on standby overnight in my garage without it draining overnight?

Back