Rear disc pad issue on Mariner 'clone'

Ashley64

Hi, I have FatMini bike here in the UK which is very similar to the Mariner ( which are not available here ). I have noticed that the rear disc pads are only making contact with the outer edge of the 160mm disc. I mean the pads aren't clamping the main area of the disc like they are on the front? I contacted the supplier and they said it's okay and gave me instructions to adjust the pad gap either side of the disc which is not the problem. You can clearly see the shiny area on the rear disc which is on the very edge compared to the front which grips the whole area. At first I thought the disc should be bigger but then noticed that the calliper bracket used is the longer version therefore it's moving the calliper unit towards the outer edge. Could someone post a photo of their rear brake set up so I can see how it is on an actual Mariner please. Thank you

Attachments

• FrontWeb.jpg
    FrontWeb.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,099
  • RearWeb.jpg
    RearWeb.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,004
  • TektroBracket.jpg
    TektroBracket.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,085
Hi, I have FatMini bike here in the UK which is very similar to the Mariner ( which are not available here ). I have noticed that the rear disc pads are only making contact with the outer edge of the 160mm disc. I mean the pads aren't clamping the main area of the disc like they are on the front? I contacted the supplier and they said it's okay and gave me instructions to adjust the pad gap either side of the disc which is not the problem. You can clearly see the shiny area on the rear disc which is on the very edge compared to the front which grips the whole area. At first I thought the disc should be bigger but then noticed that the calliper bracket used is the longer version therefore it's moving the calliper unit towards the outer edge. Could someone post a photo of their rear brake set up so I can see how it is on an actual Mariner please. Thank you
I don't have one of those so no pics. Is that bracket reversible? maybe they installed it upside down at the factory?

Back