Rear brake making squeaking sound on a brand new RadRover 5

Rogie

Received my RadRover 5 today and took it out for a test ride after assembly. The rear brake is making squeaking sound when applying the brakes, is this normal for a new bike? Front brakes are OK.

Very common, and the front will probably start squeaking too, soon.

Be careful not to get grease/oil on the disks and don't touch them with you bare hands either.

Try degreasing the disks with a paper towel liberally soaked with isopropyl alcohol, then let them dry thououghly and go over them with a cheap microfiber cleaning cloth to remove any remaining film.

After that, just going over them with a cheap microfiber cloth (reserved JUST for disk cleaning) every few rides should help keep them about a squeak free as possible.

A ton of videos on youtube about squeaking brakes. Some will offer ways to break in new pads.

Received my RadRover 5 today and took it out for a test ride after assembly. The rear brake is making squeaking sound when applying the brakes, is this normal for a new bike? Front brakes are OK.

The thing to know regarding new bikes is that YOU are responsible for properly adjusting the brakes (or the shop that put the bike together for you). Done correctly, they don't squeel when applied. Done incorrectly, or not at all, it's not unusual at all. Do NOT make the assumption that this bike comes all set up for you when it's pulled from the box. Pretty sure you'll be disappointed when you find it's not.

I have the same problem and i just got the rad rover last few days ago.

Any one can help me why my front brakes don't work? When i pull the lever i can see the breaker pads but no breaking.

I have the same problem and i just got the rad rover last few days ago.

Any one can help me why my front brakes don't work? When i pull the lever i can see the breaker pads but no breaking.
Bike geometry and weight distribution relys on the front brakes to provide more braking power than the rear so it's important to get this fixed!

You ebike has mechanical disc brakes, correct? A fairly simple front brake adjustment should take care of your problem. This Park Tool article and video covers adjustment procedures for single and dual arm mech brake calipers. I believe yours are single arm calipers so one screw is all that's involved.

It is possible that the brake cable is too loose, but the simple caliper adjustment should do it. If the caliper adjustment doesn't do it you'll need to loosen the pad adjustment screw and then pretension the cable before repeating the caliper adjustment procedure. The brake lever will often have a barrel adjuster that can provide enough adjustment to adequately pretension the cable. The manufacturer's web page has more details on this in downloadable instructions.

Back