Radwagon or Yuba Mundo

Barkme Wolf

A CL ad is claiming to have a "Yuba" for under 1500 (new?). The picture looks like a cross between a Yuba and a Radwagon. I am going to buy a Radwagon but if this is on the up and up I might have to check it out. I was searching in another city so I will have to take a train to see it.
00J0J_hzsS63h9rbU_600x450.jpg

Yeah that's an odd one. It's neither. Looks to me like an early prototype (or a knock-off) of the RadWagon.

Why it's not (quite) a RadWagon: the down tube is a different shape, grips are a different color, tires are not stock RadWagon tires, running board is a different shape, battery pack shown is a shark pack, but the wagon uses a dolphin pack, the rear pannier blocking tubes are slightly different than the wagon. Much of the rest of it is identical though (I own one).

Why it's not an elMundo: if you compare carefully, nearly every component is a non-match for the elMundo: brakes, seat, handlebars, battery pack, pedals, even the frame is different in a number of ways.

Bottom line: this is either a knock-off of the Wagon, or an early version. One way to know which it's closer to if you're not convinced would be to measure the wheelbase. The elMundo is longer than the Wagon, I think by about 6". If they're selling it for "under 1500", meaning, possibly, 1400, then yes you save $200 over the Wagon, but you're getting an unknown quantity with no warranty.

Will be curious to know what you think/do.

Just talked to the guy. It is a Portland store selling "not a Radwagon"....it's a Radwagon. I heard about these guys when I first started researching the bike. Essentially a Radwagon. Rad Power has an exclusivity agreement so I am not sure how this guy is getting these.

When I spoke to the person on the phone he said it is a "Radwagon" but he can't advertise it as a Radwagon. It sounded sketchy. He said he puts them together and ships for free. I am picking mine up at the Store in Seattle, saving 100 bucks isn't worth the mystery.

With the downtube in particular being different, it has to be at least partially a different manufacturing line, but yes most of it does look identical. I know Rad has mentioned issues before with others selling their designs, and said it was in violation of agreements with their manufacturer, but that was with the RadRover.

Back