RadRover speed video - Whoosh!

SteelHorseRider

Check out this cool video from an RR owner putting the pedal to the metal and putting this powerful steel beauty through its paces! This vid really gives you a good feel for how really fast 25mph is on the Rover. I love the whirring of the Defang motor! Sweeeeeeeet

Found this vid the other day and watched, couldn't stop watching, Love the sound of Rad motor also ! I've had My bike for about 3 weeks Now, Cant get enough of it !!

Very nice vid and a beautiful place to ride along the shore line. I have to drive quite a ways just to find a body of water above my knees from Albuquerque. We have plenty of sand without the water.:(

I always use the bell and slow down to walking or slow jog speed when passing paved or unpaved trails mixed with pedestrians. Most have headphones, walking pets, walking in the middle or walking 2-3 across in the path, talking too much, or just aren't paying attention. About 1/4 to 1/3 of them move directly into the passing lane to the left without looking instead of moving to the right.

When it is bike only, most folks seem to understand the rules of the road and keep to the right and announce with a bell or voice when they need to pass on the left.

Last edited:
Count me in agreement with walawn and Toynut. Now I have a better understanding why ebikes are prohibited from bike paths here in Massachusetts

@RonDog1957 But it's not fair/double standard (to exclude ebikes on Arlington, VA trails...and I see more and more of them every day....usually hub motor bikes) to me because the fit (muscular) guys on the nonpowered road bikes (thin tires, curled handlebars, off-seat pedaling) can do in excess of 30 mph and blow by me on the stock Radrover (and other bicyclists/pedestrians). This is my personal experience. Maybe @opimax agrees as well since he has more time on my local trails than me.

walawn - I understand your point completely and I agree. It would seem a responsible ebike on a bike trail shouldn't be a problem was where I was trying to go...but didn't make my point well.

I always slow down and pass folk in a respectful manner. It has nothing to do with the bicycle. It has everything to do with the individual capable of passing others.

BVC, I am sure the other Riverwalk users appreciate this. I have used that same route many times in the past as I used to live in Alderbrook and it is the only safe and sane way to operate on MUP's not just there but everywhere regardless if you are motor assisted or not. The way the traffic situation is now there no doubt even being courteous on the RW you can go from one side of town to the other much faster and efficiently than by car. I did get a kick out of blasting up 8th st. though and taking sunset rides to the column which I didn't do as often on my pedal bike.

Back