RadMission 1 Standard 14 Ah battery compatibility?

EQ404

Region
USA
Is it possible to use the 48V, 14 Ah (672 Wh) Standard Rad Battery Pack with the RadMission 1? The Rad Power Bikes website indicates that the RadMission 1 is only compatible with the 48V, 10.5 Ah (504 Wh) battery pack. I've read online that the Standard 14 Ah Battery Pack will work on the RadMission 1, but I would not want to cause any damage to the components if the smaller capacity 10.5 Ah pack is the only battery that should be used.

The Standard pack is out of stock on the Rad Power Bikes website, so I may purchase the 10.5 Ah battery to double my range, but I can wait until the 14 Ah battery becomes available if it can be used with the RadMission 1 safely. Any information, feedback, or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thats typical for Rad. Contact Rad only if you have warranty issue or absolutely want to buy stock parts from them. Otherwise you got zero usefull information from that source 🙂

Answers to your question is Yes, you can use 14Ah stock Rad battery on Mission.

Rad is saying don't use the lower capacity battery on a Rad bike with a 15A controller / 750W motor , presumably because of potential current draw/discharge rate.

Doesn't mean the inverse is true, a larger capacity 48V battery will be fine on a Mission.

Even in the low capacity battery & high capacity controller/motor scenario, wouldn't BMS protect the battery for over-discharging?
You probably won't get the best our of the controller/motor if you use weak battery though.
A good BMS might do that, normally they just allow the battery to operate within a certain voltage range.

Kind of like plugging a 20A appliance into a 15A outlet, might work for a while but won't do the outlet/ wiring and fuse/ breaker any good.

Back