RadMini4 or Sondors Fold XS ?

Vince R

HELP ! (please) ? I am 68, male, 5'11'', 155 lbs. first time user and finally narrowed down my choices to either the Radmini4 or Sondors Fold xs. my interests are general fitness, fun, ability to do on and off road, put into back of my vw Tiguan. Need dependable, quality product. Please advise as to which would fit my bill ? most appreciated.

HELP ! (please) ? I am 68, male, 5'11'', 155 lbs. first time user and finally narrowed down my choices to either the Radmini4 or Sondors Fold xs. my interests are general fitness, fun, ability to do on and off road, put into back of my vw Tiguan. Need dependable, quality product. Please advise as to which would fit my bill ? most appreciated.
Hey Vince, I recently ordered the sondors fold xs and waiting for delivery in a few weeks. I know that the fold xs is close to 70 pounds, I'm 51 6'2 228 and I'm in i would say a little above fair shape,so I would look at your conditioning first, I looked at the radmini but not much, I'm in ny and most of the delivery guys have the radmini and I didn't want to look like them. So weigh your options but I love the look of the fold xs.

I have a "old" 2018 Radmini and really like it for certain applications. It is really a very easy bike to ride - almost too easy. It fits in the back of my Subaru Crosstrek great. It's heavy but even though I'm only 155#'s - no problem lifting it in. But then I've lifted weights for over 50 yrs so 50+ lbs isn't that big of a deal for me. In the VW it should be no issue.

The bike has had no major issues. I like it - and it's not my only bike. But...you're on the East Coast. I'm down the road from Rad. Shipping from the West Coast to you can possibly really bust stuff up (I had no issues).

Actually I think Rad is a great intro bike - reasonable price, Ok quality, good support (from RAD and I do have a LBS that has no issues servicing it) and it just does what it says. I do like this bike, in some/many ways it my favorite of the ones I have (both ebike and "regular").

But find a LBS that will help you - unless you're capable. It's a pretty simple bike.

Last edited:
We have two Rad Mini Step Thru's, we take then camping and also ride them on the Trinity Trails in Ft. Worth, Texas. We carry them in the back of our pickup and I remove the batteries when loading and unloading to reduce the lifting weight. Our ages are 75 and 72 and we find no problem with lifting them and to date the Rad's have performed flawless. I purchased the Rad's for there quality and excellent customer service, never needed either, but just going on what I read on this forum. Some pics show the added Tailbags, Abus bike locks, upgraded seats, and Ram mounts for GPS, or iPhone.

Attachments

• DSCN3910.JPG
    DSCN3910.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCN3930.JPG
    DSCN3930.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 307
We have two Rad Mini Step Thru's, we take then camping and also ride them on the Trinity Trails in Ft. Worth, Texas. We carry them in the back of our pickup and I remove the batteries when loading and unloading to reduce the lifting weight. Our ages are 75 and 72 and we find no problem with lifting them and to date the Rad's have performed flawless. I purchased the Rad's for there quality and excellent customer service, never needed either, but just going on what I read on this forum. Some pics show the added Tailbags, Abus bike locks, upgraded seats, and Ram mounts for GPS, or iPhone.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. :)

one thing about the sondors is you cannot remove the battery quickly

if you will always roll the bike into the house for storage this may not be an issue

but extreme heat and cold are not good for the batteries so traveling etc you may need to bring the battery inside a good bit and maybe dont want to bring the entire bike in..

just one thing to consider

I probably jumped in on this thread too late but your two choices were on my radar also. I spoke to the person from EBR who did the 39 min review on the Fold XS. He loved the bike and was contemplating purchasing one. He really liked the way Sondors matched the controller to the motor enabling almost instantaneous response pedal/motor response. It is that characteristic and the Fold's style that pushed me towards that bike. Radmini4 has a great reputation. I did read a comment on another forum from a mechanic from a bike shop. He said, he thinks the Rad is dependable and able to take a beating. Good Luck! Please post what your choice was

I probably jumped in on this thread too late but your two choices were on my radar also. I spoke to the person from EBR who did the 39 min review on the Fold XS. He loved the bike and was contemplating purchasing one. He really liked the way Sondors matched the controller to the motor enabling almost instantaneous response pedal/motor response. It is that characteristic and the Fold's style that pushed me towards that bike. Radmini4 has a great reputation. I did read a comment on another forum from a mechanic from a bike shop. He said, he thinks the Rad is dependable and able to take a beating. Good Luck! Please post what your choice was
Wings02,I went with the sondors fold xs, I'm just waiting for it to be shipped, they have it at their warehouse in Ca.

good choice. I’ve been doing in contact with the person doing the review. He answered one of my posts. He really was impressed with the Fold XS. What color?

I forgot to mention, my son in law’s uncle has two Fold X models and he just ordered two more. He rides with friends in Fort Lauderdale and they all have them and really love them

I forgot to mention, my son in law’s uncle has two Fold X models and he just ordered two more. He rides with friends in Fort Lauderdale and they all have them and really love them
I got the fire, torch red or torch orange,I really wanted a bike that doesn't look like a messenger e bike

I ordered the Lectric for my wife. I cancelled mine to get the Fold. We haven’t gotten the Lectric yet. A lot of people love the Lectric. Cheaper bike but fun. I originally had the Ride1UP Limited but returned it because the torque sensor wasn’t right. They’ve since fixed it. It seems the folding bikes are very popular and loved by the owners. More of a fun, recreational bike.

Back