Rad Rover handle bar end mirror suggestions/reccomendation

Rogie

Looking for a good bar end mirror that fits the Rover 5 handlebar. I've seen alot of options both in Amazon & online bike stores but would like to ask the community for any reccomendation that they have experience with. Thank you.

^ Agree with Graysco242. I have them on my ebikes. Seem sturdy and can be taken on and off with ease.

It's a Mirrycle! Mirror that is. Probably has the most following in these forums. I have them on every one of my 2-wheelers, and that's too many -- 2-wheelers, that is...
Good luck.

Hafny makes MANY different styles of bicycle mirrors with distinctly different mounting arrangements and no one has mentioned which specific one(s) they use. The OP asked for comments on "Bar End" mirrors, and those are the ones that can be problematic on at least some Rad Rovers (as opposed to the external handlebar clamp mounting type).

Some people have reported problems with trying to mount ANY "bar end" type mirror on a Rad Rover (the ones with an "expanding plug" that fits inside the end of the handlebars). At least some batches/lots of Rovers have been made with thicker wall handlebars with a smallish inside diameter that will not allow at least some mounting plugs for these type mirrors to fit inside. You'll have to pry out the end plug on your bars and check the ID and depth, then look at the minimum inside diameter specs on any bar end mirror you're considering before ordering. Hafny makes two distinct styles of bar end mirrors that may not work on some Rovers, one with a short chunky arm and one with a longer curved arm that raises the mirror further above the bar. The highly regarded Mirrycles are among the bar end mirrors that have been reported to NOT work on at least some Rovers, which is a shame because I find them to be the most versatile (left/right, in/out, up/down mount) and the most free from image distorting vibration.

It appears that the Hafny HF-MR095 and HF-MR088LS mirror models that mount with metal (split, hinged) clamps around the outside of the handlebars will work on all Rovers, but there are still several choices in terms of clear or blue glass or stainless steel reflective surfaces, left or right side mounting (they aren't symmetrical) and head size/shape. Individual preferences vary but clear glass seems to be the most preferred in terms of image clarity. The HF-MR088LS model has a real reflector on the front facing surface and the image area seems to be a little bigger or at least more optimally shaped. Anybody who thinks this type of mirror is the bees knees in terms of image quality/stability probably hasn't used a Mirrycle (the standard by which all others should be judged), but that's just the nature of the beast.

The ID on the Rover handlebars could be bored out to be able to use any internally expanding bar end mount if you have the right equipment and are willing to void your warranty...

I personally haven't run across any reports of the handlebars of Rad Power Bike models other than the Rover/Rhino suffering the same ID restriction, my 2020 RadMini 4 was fine, would accept any bar end mount.

Back