Rad mini fenders

Shepathustra

So I got an email that the new rad mini full coverage fenders are finally available, but the website says they will cost a whopping $159. Is it just me or is it insane to pay over 150 bucks for some fenders that should have come standard?

That does seem very expensive. I'm guessing the ones for the Radrover will be equally expensive. Too bad, they should be about 1/2 that. I was going to get a pair for my radrover when they become available. I have the currently available fenders for it now. The front works okay, the back fender is too short.

They look good though. Looks exactly like the fenders that the Big O company sells for the RadRover (before Big O changed to the adjustable U-stays).

The RadMini and RadRover full coverage fenders are manufactured in Seattle by a 2nd generation military manufacturer using high quality materials, so the price is higher than the conventional steel or DIY fat bike fender options out there. Every part including the custom stainless L brackets and formed TPO plastic is made in the USA. Hope this sheds some light on the price being higher than our standard fenders!
mnfg1.jpg
brckts.jpg
fndrs.jpg

The RadMini and RadRover full coverage fenders are manufactured in Seattle by a 2nd generation military manufacturer using high quality materials, so the price is higher than the conventional steel or DIY fat bike fender options out there. Every part including the custom stainless L brackets and formed TPO plastic is made in the USA. Hope this sheds some light on the price being higher than our standard fenders!

So I hope RadRover full fenders coming soon too ? It tends to rain during winters here in Missouri - the full fenders would really help in keeping dry.

The RadMini and RadRover full coverage fenders are manufactured in Seattle by a 2nd generation military manufacturer using high quality materials, so the price is higher than the conventional steel or DIY fat bike fender options out there. Every part including the custom stainless L brackets and formed TPO plastic is made in the USA. Hope this sheds some light on the price being higher than our standard fenders!View attachment 12163 View attachment 12166 View attachment 12169

Can't argue with that! They do look super slick.

The fenders for the Specialized Turbos cost $300, granted they come with integrated rack and powered real tail light. So I don't consider $159 too outrageous. The coverage looks very good on these. Great for sloppy days in the rain and snow.

I ordered my black RadMini in today's Cyber Monday sale along with a set of fenders. I'll post on the installation when they arrive. I plan to use this as a commuter so I plan to add a chain guard and more city oriented tires. I wear a suit to work so I need the chain guard. Glad to hear about the high quality and USA build on the fenders.

Hi All,

RadMini Fenders are shipping before the weekend, and the first batch of RadRover fenders should be on the website for order later next week, shipping out to customer mid-December! We had hoped to have both versions available at the same time, but the larger size of the Rover fenders required adjustments to the vacuum form tool in order to dial in the thickness of the plastics near the extremities.

Hi All,

RadMini Fenders are shipping before the weekend, and the first batch of RadRover fenders should be on the website for order later next week, shipping out to customer mid-December! We had hoped to have both versions available at the same time, but the larger size of the Rover fenders required adjustments to the vacuum form tool in order to dial in the thickness of the plastics near the extremities.

I ordered my mini fenders when they became available on line. Received them about a week ago, but hey, no instructions for installation? Do I need to call the shop in Seattle to see if they will send instructions or go on line to see if instructions are now part of the Rad mini assembly experience?
The fenders are pricey especially when tax and shipping are added ($185). But then, so too is the "Body Float" shock absorber seat. WOW! What a difference in ride quality on the mini. I actually look for bumps and dips in the road just to feel this seat in action.

I agree Roger the bodyfloat makes a ton of difference in the ride. I'm waiting for the Radrover full cover fenders to become available. Should be anytime now. The full cover mini fenders are already sold out

Thank you Scotty for sending the instructions via internet. I'll definitely replay this a half dozen times to get comfortable taking apart the various components to this bike.

So I got an email that the new rad mini full coverage fenders are finally available, but the website says they will cost a whopping $159. Is it just me or is it insane to pay over 150 bucks for some fenders that should have come standard?
I'm with you, they should be standard equipment with a fat tire bike. The 159.00 price tag is high considering they are plastic, but I suspect you really need them.

I use my Ebikes for commuting to work, and it's been raining a bit in San Jose, CA...so fenders were on my list.

I originally planned on using my Sondors Thin with fenders, rack etc as my winter commuter, but the thin higher pressure tires gets annoying with all the pot holes, detours across rail road tracks and other bumps in the road.

The RadMini's 20x4.5" road tires are much more comfortable.

Pics of my Radmini with Sunlite 20x4.5" tires & radmini fenders:

I ordered a Sondors Fat tire fenders (about 50 bucks and metal) from Lunacycles before the RadRover & Radmini fenders were announcted.
  • Radmini: Everything went together well, the hole that Radpower noted might need adjustment (drilling), needed adjustment, so it wasn't 100% no troubles, but it does fit together well
  • Radrover: Finding a way to mount the fender to my Rover was a pain, had to get p-Clamps for the from fork and the fit isn't good with Hookworms on the wheels, so I'll be removing them soon.
$160 is worth it to me to be able to get to work using the radmini instead of driving.
  • Gas per week = 30-40
  • Riding for the past 2.5 weeks.
  • Money allocated to Gas being deferred to fender, so they'll be paid off soon anyway.

Sang

Just got a set of fenders for my radmini from my wife..... thank you very much.... but don't need them. I'm a fair weather rider only.
Still in the box.... anyone want to buy them? We're near San Francisco
Thanks,
Bruce

Back