R750 Display / Controller upgrade?

iamjcl

I wonder if this kit for the RadRover would work on the R750?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Or is there another that is similar?

Not a fan of display on the R750 mainly - maybe the controller is OK, but likely more current limited than the one listed here.

With so many Bafang motors out there, I've always been left wondering which displays work with what - Bafang makes numerous ones.

Thanks

I just received EggRider yesterday and did get it working somewhat, but have had some issues. The lights do not currently work and I am having issues with PAS working properly and speed is not displayed properly.

I need to spend some more time on the settings to see if I can get it working, but at this point I would say it does not work properly.

OK, well I wish you the best of success, please keep us (me) posted on the final outcome, I'd be a player if it truly is easily swappable. Thanks!!

Did you consider the upgraded controller available from M2S? Although, it seems lacking in functionality compared to this one you are trying.

I just received EggRider yesterday and did get it working somewhat, but have had some issues. The lights do not currently work and I am having issues with PAS working properly and speed is not displayed properly.

I need to spend some more time on the settings to see if I can get it working, but at this point I would say it does not work properly.
I looked again at the page, I can see the appeal over the M2S displays. I do have a quick question if you have another moment, when I look at the order drop down I don't see an option for the Bafang hub drive motor, which is what my R750 has. Do you have a mid-drive motor on yours or did EggRider do something special for you? Thanks!!

I ordered the Lushui version. It has the correct connector and works with the controller on the R750, but it does not work properly for me currently.

M2S has the 850C in stock now as well now and I also ordered this and will get mine today.

Just a side note, these are both just display upgrades, I am not changing the controller.

Got my 850C today and it works perfectly out of the box and is a much nicer display than the base unit. Worth the upgrade. Just wish it had profile switching like the EggRider.

Just a quick thought about the controller part of this thread. Rad power bikes have a controller upgrade and these bikes are just about the exact same thing. Once I get my deposit back from my old townhouse rental, I am going to buy the rad power controller upgrade and see what all I have to do to make it work with the M2S R750.

Does anyone think that is a bad idea? Or know anyone that has tried something else?

Just a quick thought about the controller part of this thread. Rad power bikes have a controller upgrade and these bikes are just about the exact same thing. Once I get my deposit back from my old townhouse rental, I am going to buy the rad power controller upgrade and see what all I have to do to make it work with the M2S R750.

Does anyone think that is a bad idea? Or know anyone that has tried something else?

Did you have any luck with this? I also have an R750 and want to upgrade the controller for more amps and torque-based assist level.

Not yet, I decided to be a little smart about it and wait until it is out of warranty first. That will be late February 2021, so once it is out of warranty and all the liability is on me, I will buy that controller and see what all I have to do to make it work with the R750.

Back