R&M Nevo3 dual battery vs 625

MokumFietser

Region
USA
I am looking for some guidance here. Do you think having the second battery on rear rack will effect the handling with extra weight in rear and up high? I don’t really care for the aesthetics of 2nd battery but know the extra range will be nice. What are your thoughts?

I rode with a spare powertube in my trunk bag for longer rides last summer. I don't have a Nevo bit my Haibike is a relatively similar bike.

On the road you don't really notice it after a few blocks. It does become noticable on mtb or even gravel trails where you're manuvering a lot more and at lower speed.

I sometimes carry a spare battery on the rack of my Nevo3 GT Vario GX. To be honest, as it is firmly strapped down, you don’t notice it at all.
36253AF9-221A-4375-B6A4-AE0E327AED9B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m a bit concerned that once the kids seat goes on top it will become even more top heavy. I wonder if the dual battery rack is rated for more weight

I have a dual battery Nevo 3 and I think the bike handles beautifully with both batteries in place. And of course on shorter rides, leave the rear rack battery at home. This may not be relevant to you, but I spend part of the year in a second floor apartment and the stairs have a 180 degree turn half way up. I get the bike up the stairs by removing the down tube battery and putting the bike in walk mode. This keeps the weight on the rear drive wheel and facilitates the process. It's still a chore at my age (77), but is doable.

Back