Quite the Quandry

warney

So I am now looking for another E-Bike hopefully in the next 2-3 months!

I currently am riding a Giant Explorer E+4 to commute to work which is approx a 5km trip each way. Makes life easy and don't need a car etc.
My wife rides the bike with our daughter on the weekend (via a Thule Ridealong which mounts on the seat tube) and I normally jump on her Specialized Vita.

Now I wish to get a Dual Suspension E-MTB as I will now have the commuter when I need it etc and the E-MTB when I don't but want a bit of guidance.

Any recommendations?

My riding will be most likely Single Track, nothing crazy technical and possibly towing a child in the rear with a seat post mount.

Thanks in advance from Australia!

Well, since you already have a Giant and a Specialized, why not start with those two brands? That would make support and servicing easier. Both make very good full suspension E-MTB's.

If you got a Giant, since the use the same battery, you could have double the range if you desired.

Definitely

Was looking at the Trance E+1 or E+2 & Reign E+ 2 realistically.

I had a Specialized Crave Pro in the past which I enjoyed.

In the Specialized realm the prices seem to be quite high which is off-putting but I really do like the brand.

What would your thoughts be in the above?

Cheers

I am definitely not a mountain biker, so I have no personal experience to draw on in that regard. Specialized is known for their MTB's, and the Turbo bikes are no exception. I have no experience with Brose motors either, but they have a reputation for being smooth and quiet. But yeah, there is that Specialized tax.

I trust Yamaha motors because they have been making e-bike drives longer than any other manufacturer, so in my mind that is a point for Giant. I also like the fact that Giant actually makes their frames and does not contract them out. They have total control over the quality of their frames. I do not always like their design decisions (I am 40+ years in the industry so I have seen it all) , but the quality is very good.

Back