Quick question about warranty (Bulls and Bosch)

IggyBBR

Region
USA
Will unbolting the Bosch CX from the frame void my warranty from Bulls? Thoughts...

Recently purchased some 4 pot disc brakes, to replace the 2 pot brakes that came with the bike. I thought I could do a simple swap of the calipers and lever without having to reroute the new brake hose internally. The Shimano Zee uses banjo fittings, while the BR-M615 uses a hose connector. So apparently the brake hose is routed in-between the frame and motor and the only way I can get to the cable is by loosening or removing the motor.

Will unbolting the Bosch CX from the frame void my warranty from Bulls? Thoughts...

Recently purchased some 4 pot disc brakes, to replace the 2 pot brakes that came with the bike. I thought I could do a simple swap of the calipers and lever without having to reroute the new brake hose internally. The Shimano Zee uses banjo fittings, while the BR-M615 uses a hose connector. So apparently the brake hose is routed in-between the frame and motor and the only way I can get to the cable is by loosening or removing the motor.
It likely would void it but If it was me I would go ahead with the brake upgrade and worry about the warranty later. The motor is not likely going to let you down anyways during the warranty period of two years and if it did the store who sold you the bike would likely be on your side in claiming , would they not?

Only the dealer can tell you for sure. Bosch uses a sealant in the bolt recess to know when someone cracks open the motor case halves. Pretty sure the mounting bolts to the frame do not.

Only the dealer can tell you for sure. Bosch uses a sealant in the bolt recess to know when someone cracks open the motor case halves. Pretty sure the mounting bolts to the frame do not.
I have no plans on opening the motor, I was curious to see if anybody went through this themselves.

Back