QUESTION ABOUT 8FUN 48V 750W BAFANG REAR HUB

Andybriggs03

Region
United Kingdom
i purchased this from amazon, i believe i needed to order this cable from ebay. The cable has just arrived but i think it is the wrong cable, because the connector on the bafang motor looks totally different.

IMG_20220613_193405.jpg

am I right in thinking that that i should have ordered this cable?

If i wanted to order this controller, would it be compatible with this wire and the hub?

c768e11469c38776ecf8f8183b1f78e3.png

i am also struggling to find a bike with 190mm dropout, was looking at maybe getting the mongoose dolomite or a frame from aliexpress. id rather buy a fulkl bike tho so then i could have the extra pair of wheels and tyres etc etc.

The controller I currently had (for the old motor is this one, so maybe a new controller as well lol

IMG_20220613_195728.jpg

so im currently looking at this controller that i believe has the right connection for the bafang hub (z910 connection)?

You probably need this extension cable to work with that hub motor. Whether that display will work will depend on the controller your using. The cables from the display ro the controller is not the same as the cable going from the motor to controller. Below is probably similar to what your working with.

1655159807384.png

thanks for the reply, having a look at the old controller for the old hub that was on the bike is a 48v but looking closer it says 500w(the hub on my bike is 750w) so i think im going to swap out the whole controller and get a setup like them you have just posted.

do you have a link for this and would it come with the controller in the image?

this is my current controller.

5ed0e2cae0e56a7dfc92277ed12f370a.png

Here is the kit where I got the diagram. Not sure if you'll be able to find the controller separately. There are a few Bafang fat rear wheel hub kits on Amazon.

I think I will go with the one you said, but would that controller support this connection for the battery?

Sorry for all the questions mate, appreciate its late.
IMG_20220614_005115.jpg

I have just been going through all my wires and I have found this:
IMG_20220614_011024.jpg

IMG_20220614_011012.jpg

Last edited:
That battery looks like it uses a deans style (T-Plug) connector. You'll need to find an adapter so it matches up with what the controller is using (or change the connector on the controller/battery yourself. Just be careful if your working on the battery leads. You don't want them to touch). I like the controller you pointed out because it uses an xt60 connector over the anderson that I saw. Adapters for T-Plug male to xt60 female seem more common.

Here is a reference you many find useful

The middle picture cable lets you wire up to different controllers from your motor.
The bottom picture looks like an extension cable that connectors to your motor.

That battery looks like it uses a deans style (T-Plug) connector. You'll need to find an adapter so it matches up with what the controller is using (or change the connector on the controller/battery yourself. Just be careful if your working on the battery leads. You don't want them to touch). I like the controller you pointed out because it uses an xt60 connector over the anderson that I saw. Adapters for T-Plug male to xt60 female seem more common.

Here is a reference you many find useful

The middle picture cable lets you wire up to different controllers from your motor.
The bottom picture looks like an extension cable that connectors to your motor.
Yes your correct the bottom picture does connect to the motor, i look into this tonight )

thanks for your help.

(you threw me off posting links from american ebay lol, i will put them into the uk ebay store and see if i can get them quicker.

Last edited:
Back