Punctures and hydraulic brakes

Martin Waddell

I am thinking of purchasing a Ridgeback Electron plus ebike. The Ridgeback manual states that the bike should not be left on its side or turned upside down because of air bubbles in the hydraulic disc braking system. I think that should I get a rear wheel puncture and given that the bike should not be turned upside down to remove the wheel what advice would one give in repairing a rear wheel puncture on this very heavy bike(53lb). Removing the back wheel when the bike is in an upright position I think would be very difficult.
A possible solution is using Gaadi inner tubes. I would be interested to hear if anyone has used these.

it is an adjustable strap with hooks on both ends for securing your dirt bike in your truck, you just loop in over the frame at a balance point and hook the other end over head and hoist the bike into the air maybe a tree branch so you can work in the shade

I am thinking of purchasing a Ridgeback Electron plus ebike. The Ridgeback manual states that the bike should not be left on its side or turned upside down because of air bubbles in the hydraulic disc braking system. I think that should I get a rear wheel puncture and given that the bike should not be turned upside down to remove the wheel what advice would one give in repairing a rear wheel puncture on this very heavy bike(53lb). Removing the back wheel when the bike is in an upright position I think would be very difficult.
A possible solution is using Gaadi inner tubes. I would be interested to hear if anyone has used these.
Hi...I'm new to this forum but read this as I'm thinking about the same situation occurring with my new ebike..not due to hydraulic brakes but because I would usually upturn my non electric bike and whip the wheels off but I'm not keen to damage the controls on my handlebars. I've ordered a bike maintenance stand from a shop. Hopefully it will hold the weight if I take the battery off. Maybe this would be a solution. .it's costing me £120 though ($200 ish)

Back