Prodecotech outlaw 1200.

BillyD

Region
United Kingdom
Hello to all out there.
I purchased this bike in the US back in 2015. I subsequently moved back to the UK along with my bike and had to remove all the power pack to bring it on the plane.
I need advice regarding purchasing a new battery and will I need a motor controller or it's that part of the battery pack?
Would this battery work?
Than you in anticipation for any advice.

Attachments

• 20240623_212346.jpg
    20240623_212346.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240620-210533_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240620-210533_Samsung Internet.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 48
Hi Billy,

I couldn't find a manual online for the Outlaw 1200 model but there is for the Outlaw SE and the Outlaw SS models. Assuming similarity, look on page 26 and it says the controller "is located in the battery base which is attached to the bicycle. The battery base is the box where the key inserts for the ignition. The bolts holding the cover to the base can easily be removed within a few minutes. Once the cover is off of the battery base, the controller can be disconnected." On page 29 the specs indicate the SE model came with a LiFEPO4 51.2V 9Ah battery, so your suggested battery should work, provided you crimp on matching Anderson power connectors, and you'll have to find some other way to remount the existing controller, maybe something like a waterproof controller bag with grommets for the wires.

Good to see these ebikes live on, the motor being direct drive should last a long time.

Last edited:
Hi Billy,

I couldn't find a manual online for the Outlaw 1200 model but there is for the Outlaw SE and the Outlaw SS models. Assuming similarity, look on page 26 and it says the controller "is located in the battery base which is attached to the bicycle. The battery base is the box where the key inserts for the ignition. The bolts holding the cover to the base can easily be removed within a few minutes. Once the cover is off of the battery base, the controller can be disconnected." On page 29 the specs indicate the SE model came with a LiFEPO4 51.2V 9Ah battery, so your suggested battery should work, provided you crimp on matching Anderson power connectors, and you'll have to find some other way to remount the existing controller, using something like a controller bag.

Good to see these ebikes live on, the motor being direct drive should last a long time.
Hi Billy,

I couldn't find a manual online for the Outlaw 1200 model but there is for the Outlaw SE and the Outlaw SS models. Assuming similarity, look on page 26 and it says the controller "is located in the battery base which is attached to the bicycle. The battery base is the box where the key inserts for the ignition. The bolts holding the cover to the base can easily be removed within a few minutes. Once the cover is off of the battery base, the controller can be disconnected." On page 29 the specs indicate the SE model came with a LiFEPO4 51.2V 9Ah battery, so your suggested battery should work, provided you crimp on matching Anderson power connectors, and you'll have to find some other way to remount the existing controller, maybe something like a waterproof controller bag with grommets for the wires.

Dewey, I'm indebted for your response .
Educational.
I however disposed off the complete power pack. Controller, throttle controller too!(had to make it plane safe)
I will have to continue to educate myself in my attempt to get this great bike back on the road.
Thanks again.

I disposed of the complete power pack. Controller, throttle controller too!
In that case I recommend you contact Woosh in Southend, they are a UK dealer in MXUS motors which I understand was Prodecotech's motor supplier, and they can likely supply a replacement 48v controller programmed to UK legal parameters, they might fit Anderson connectors on request or they may ask you do that. It's simple provided you have the right tools, I bought my Anderson crimping tool and connectors from Grin Tech in Vancouver, Canada, but you can likely find a UK supplier.

Hi Billy,

Unfortunately, I didn't just remove the battery, but the entire power pack, including the controller and throttle controller, to make it plane safe. So, I'll need to start from scratch. Your advice has given me a good starting point

You should choose a controller that can be programmed to lower the current drawn to match the current to which the battery's BMS is rated. Either that or buy both controller and battery from Woosh. You won't need the throttle as they're not UK legal. But now you mention it I recall some Prodecotech US models were Class 2 with no pedal assist, so depending on your model you might need Woosh to supply a new controller plus a pedal assist kit (wheel speed sensor & crank/axle PAS disk), new display with PAS selector switch, and a main wiring harness with matching connectors to make all the components work together. It might be cheaper and simpler to buy from Woosh a new rear hub motor wheel kit with battery.

Last edited:
thanks again Dewey. You certainly given me quite a bit to consider.
And I thought this was going to be easy to get back on the road.
You should choose a controller that can be programmed to lower the current drawn to match the current to which the battery's BMS is rated. Either that or buy both controller and battery from Woosh. You won't need the throttle as they're not UK legal. But now you mention it I recall some Prodecotech US models were Class 2 with no pedal assist, so depending on your model you might need Woosh to supply a new controller plus a pedal assist kit (wheel speed sensor & crank/axle PAS disk), new display with PAS selector switch, and a main wiring harness with matching connectors to make all the components work together. It might be cheaper and simpler to buy from Woosh a new rear hub motor wheel kit with battery.

Back