Pre-ordered 2021 Rize X & Leisure step

mikeincalgary

Region
Canada
Joining the Rize family with our first ebike. Rize X (grey) for me and Leisure step (red) for Mrs. friend has the 2020 versions and they got us hooked! so will be lurking around theses forums a d hoping they arrive before xmas!

Joining the Rize family with our first ebike. Rize X (grey) for me and Leisure step (red) for Mrs. friend has the 2020 versions and they got us hooked! so will be lurking around theses forums a d hoping they arrive before xmas!
Congrats on a tough decision! Best wishes for a wait that goes quickly (ain't gonna happen!).

Thinking of pre-ordering 2 Rize X for my spouse and I for the late August predicted date. Not sure. Worried it will drag on for weeks.

EDIT:
Just called and the Rise X is now scheduled to arrive in September... sigh. This is what I am worried about... now it's September. In September it will be November and so on.... Maybe we'll just hold off.

Last edited:
Thinking of pre-ordering 2 Rize X for my spouse and I for the late August predicted date. Not sure. Worried it will drag on for weeks.

EDIT:
Just called and the Rise X is now scheduled to arrive in September... sigh. This is what I am worried about... now it's September. In September it will be November and so on.... Maybe we'll just hold off.
If you like the bikes, you might just as well get in line....

they only require a $200. deposite and you get back $190 if you cancel before shipping so if it is delayed and you find something else your only out $10. and you get your place in line

I’m in Canada , so hoping about the same time frame.
Just checking in, but it's January 2022 and I was seeing if you have received your Rize bikes yet. And if you have, how do you and your wife like them? I'm 5'9" and thinking of getting a Rize Leisure, but I don't know if the 17" frame will make it too small for my size. So, I'm also wondering how your wife likes the size of her Leisure. Thanks in advance.

Hi ,
yes received in October - wife got a leisure step she is 5’2”, I got a Rize x with the suspension seat post. I’m at 5’8” on a good day, so a bit of learning for me.
have only had a couple of rides but loving them so far.

Hi ,
yes received in October - wife got a leisure step she is 5’2”, I got a Rize x with the suspension seat post. I’m at 5’8” on a good day, so a bit of learning for me.
have only had a couple of rides but loving them so far.
I appreciate your timely reply and so glad you did get the bikes as scheduled and that you're enjoying them. But I am not clear on the height issue. If you don't mind, when you ride the Leisure (not the X, which is a 19" frame), is it too small for you or about right? We're about the same height and I just want to make sure I'm not too tall for it. Ty, again.

The Rize x with the suspension seat post is slightly too big for me. but It is something that I am comfortable with. I can‘t comment on the leisure as I have onLy rode the x and leisure step.

The Rize x with the suspension seat post is slightly too big for me. but It is something that I am comfortable with. I can‘t comment on the leisure as I have onLy rode the x and leisure step.
Oh, I meant the Leisure Step. It's the same frame, anyway. When you pedal, does it feel okay or is it cramped. When you sit on it, can you reach the ground with your legs? Does it feel about right or it is more suitable for someone you're wife's height at 5'2"? This is my last time to question you, so thanks.

Oh, I meant the Leisure Step. It's the same frame, anyway. When you pedal, does it feel okay or is it cramped. When you sit on it, can you reach the ground with your legs? Does it feel about right or it is more suitable for someone you're wife's height at 5'2"? This is my last time to question you, so thanks.
Most definitely can reach the ground while seated - for my wife it was at the lowest position. I did not adjust seat Height or rode at any great length of time to comment. She likes it (and means one less headache for me)

Rize uses the Suntour seat post, and it is just about the tallest default height on the market at about 4" unloaded. If you are a shorter rider than 5'8", I'd skip the seat post until you get the bike, and then see how much room you have to work with based on your actual inseam. Some other options like the Redshift shockstop only require 3" or so, and the Kane Creek eesilk only needs 2.75". Seat thickness will also factor in, as you could run a larger seatpost if you were comfortable with a slimmer saddle. Or if height is a real premium, consider a seat with integrated springs and skip the post altogether...

Rize uses the Suntour seat post, and it is just about the tallest default height on the market at about 4" unloaded. If you are a shorter rider than 5'8", I'd skip the seat post until you get the bike, and then see how much room you have to work with based on your actual inseam. Some other options like the Redshift shockstop only require 3" or so, and the Kane Creek eesilk only needs 2.75". Seat thickness will also factor in, as you could run a larger seatpost if you were comfortable with a slimmer saddle. Or if height is a real premium, consider a seat with integrated springs and skip the post altogether...
Thanks for the information!

Back