powertube 625 fails after 1400 miles with temp error

d3drturner

Three lights flashing; no charge; on the bike it is error code 605

This after sitting inside overnight in 68 F temps.

Guessing the temp sensor has failed. Has anyone replaced one of these?

Three lights flashing; no charge; on the bike it is error code 605

This after sitting inside overnight in 68 F temps.

Guessing the temp sensor has failed. Has anyone replaced one of these?
Apparently the 605 error can be due to ambient temperature being outside the permissible range or the battery pack overheats while charging.

Still under warranty?

Good luck resolving it.

Does your car fail every time the maintenance light comes on? The bike hasn't either. I suspect you have to reboot the battery system. Take the battery out, let it sit for a few minutes and reinstall. Your dealer or any Trek dealer can help you out.

When looking at a potential $1000 repair bill, the first thing I did was web search the error and try the reset about 60 times over the course of a day in ambient 68 F temps with the battery on the test bench using every combination of button holding and pushing I could imagine. I tested the output voltage at 36.7 volts. It is out of warranty. There are no bosch dealers where I live.

Thanks

like my motor that rusted out a few months out of warranty. replaced with a new motor at no cost to me.
That is awesome, but Bosch is really good when it comes to warranty even after 2 years.
If the motor was too old, there is a service kit that includes the right side motor cover with the main bearings and gears that usually go bad in wet conditions. It is only just over $100. I just fixed two motors the other day, pretty easy. After that, they are like new.
1675803235682.png

Also replaced a 2015 Performance Line the other day with a brand new Gen 2 Performance Line CX. That guy was so happy, he was already thinking about buying a new bike. But his old one is even better now than when it was new 😁

That is awesome, but Bosch is really good when it comes to warranty even after 2 years.
If the motor was too old, there is a service kit that includes the right side motor cover with the main bearings and gears that usually go bad in wet conditions. It is only just over $100. I just fixed two motors the other day, pretty easy. After that, they are like new.
View attachment 146579
Also replaced a 2015 Performance Line the other day with a brand new Gen 2 Performance Line CX. That guy was so happy, he was already thinking about buying a new bike. But his old one is even better now than when it was new 😁
thats what I needed when mine rusted out if bosch did not replace it. is this only for the drive side? on mine it was the left that rusted out.

Back