Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

When I order something on amazon I get a notification when its shipped not that is about to... i know this isn't the same thing...and its WAAAAAY over due but a least you see something that bikes are being prepped to ship.

I'm sure when things actually ship the anxious new owners will get a notice and tracking number. :)

right?

I don't get it TORA? Another F'n propaganda video. How about taking the 5 minutes out of your directing career and sending your customers an email telling them their bike arrived and your plans for readying them for shipment. blah blah blah
Be careful how you talk to Tora, they'll threaten to ban you lol.

I don't get it TORA? Another F'n propaganda video. How about taking the 5 minutes out of your directing career and sending your customers an email telling them their bike arrived and your plans for readying them for shipment. blah blah blah
Yeah. I'd like more consistent updates as well, but Tora is just posting a video that was asked for a couple of weeks ago by Klein Rider. I get tired of the criticism and complaining. I am assuming good will and imagine that they are all working as hard as they can. I myself can be empathetic with how difficult it can be to keep all the balls up in the air.

Last edited:
Quick update, well not so quick.

Final test before scheduling time on the line to assemble the HF1000s

The HF gets a spirited ride around town. The performance is higher on the 12T than we calculated, it does not have trouble going over 34 mph with strong pedaling. But drafting, it can hit 38 mph which shows the dramatic effect of the wind to impede the motor. The bike is not without little quirks, but its kinda awesome to ride. Now let’s make some bikes!

Production Update 1
Entering a new era for e-bikes: 1,000 Watts, torque-sensing pedal assist, 1,000 Wh Battery - The Holy Grail of pedal assist e-bikes will soon be a reality. We are so pumped to finally get these HyperFat e-bikes on the assembly line after over a year of persistent development, stops and starts.

Production Update 2
Day 2 of assembly for the HF1000. This bike has many specialized and unusual parts which makes it a challenge to assemble. To build the bike efficiently and consistently, many improvements need to be made to the product and the assembly processes.

Production Update 3

All the bikes are finished and tested at the factory. We have designed custom packaging so there is minimal disassembly and additionally minimal assembly for the end user. The bikes are in the containers and off to our shop where we will do very careful checks before going out to customers.

Production Update 4
After the long sea voyage the bikes arrive to our shop. The Juiced Techs pounce on the bikes at around 4 am every day to prep them per customer’s orders. The Techs love working on the HFs but it is more challenging than any of our other bikes.

Special Thanks
We would like to say thank you again to all of the Founder Series pre-order customers. The project has been super behind schedule, but we needed to get this thing right. In the process we and our suppliers have together learned an incredible amount about making such high performance production pedal-assist e-bike which has not really been done on this scale. This bike is for sure not a mass-market product, but we will put everything we have learned into our other mainstream products and the industry as a whole will benefit tremendously.

All that said, we hope the result will be a magical experience once you get a chance to throw a leg over the HF!

Quick update, well not so quick.

Final test before scheduling time on the line to assemble the HF1000s

The HF gets a spirited ride around town. The performance is higher on the 12T than we calculated, it does not have trouble going over 34 mph with strong pedaling. But drafting, it can hit 38 mph which shows the dramatic effect of the wind to impede the motor. The bike is not without little quirks, but its kinda awesome to ride. Now let’s make some bikes!

Production Update 1
Entering a new era for e-bikes: 1,000 Watts, torque-sensing pedal assist, 1,000 Wh Battery - The Holy Grail of pedal assist e-bikes will soon be a reality. We are so pumped to finally get these HyperFat e-bikes on the assembly line after over a year of persistent development, stops and starts.

Production Update 2
Day 2 of assembly for the HF1000. This bike has many specialized and unusual parts which makes it a challenge to assemble. To build the bike efficiently and consistently, many improvements need to be made to the product and the assembly processes.

Production Update 3

All the bikes are finished and tested at the factory. We have designed custom packaging so there is minimal disassembly and additionally minimal assembly for the end user. The bikes are in the containers and off to our shop where we will do very careful checks before going out to customers.

Production Update 4
After the long sea voyage the bikes arrive to our shop. The Juiced Techs pounce on the bikes at around 4 am every day to prep them per customer’s orders. The Techs love working on the HFs but it is more challenging than any of our other bikes.

Special Thanks
We would like to say thank you again to all of the Founder Series pre-order customers. The project has been super behind schedule, but we needed to get this thing right. In the process we and our suppliers have together learned an incredible amount about making such high performance production pedal-assist e-bike which has not really been done on this scale. This bike is for sure not a mass-market product, but we will put everything we have learned into our other mainstream products and the industry as a whole will benefit tremendously.

All that said, we hope the result will be a magical experience once you get a chance to throw a leg over the HF!
Holy Grail???

The weather looks like it's still going to be good enough to get some trail riding in! I'm also quite excited to try riding the trails in the snow. I'm curious to see just how big of a tire I can put on it. The other thing I'm thinking of is putting slicks on for most of the year while I'm using it for a commuter. Anybody have any experience with tires like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012EIXCWI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TE9IQP68MWQU&psc=1

Thinking about doing the same thing. This bike will be my first fat tire platform. Another good choice might be Vee Speedster or Origin 8 Captiv8er.

Another thought since I'll be getting my bike soon. What about puncture proof/thicker tube/tubeless options? Does anybody out there know of those kinds of options for a fat-tire bike? I usually ride a racing road bike and have had a couple of flats lately. Slime is certainly helpful. Because of the motor I'm less worried about weight at this point. I mean no need to count grams when you've got a 60 pound bike anyway ;)

Another thought since I'll be getting my bike soon. What about puncture proof/thicker tube/tubeless options? Does anybody out there know of those kinds of options for a fat-tire bike? I usually ride a racing road bike and have had a couple of flats lately. Slime is certainly helpful. Because of the motor I'm less worried about weight at this point. I mean no need to count grams when you've got a 60 pound bike anyway ;)

My friend and I, both high mileage commuters, run Mr. Tuffy tire liners. I didn’t have a flat for 2000 miles of riding until I came across a 3” framing nail. I might consider running tire liners in the fat bike. Another friend has had good results with tubeless on his hub motor emtb commuter.

My friend and I, both high mileage commuters, run Mr. Tuffy tire liners. I didn’t have a flat for 2000 miles of riding until I came across a 3” framing nail. I might consider running tire liners in the fat bike. Another friend has had good results with tubeless on his hub motor emtb commuter.
Has anybody also thought about using motorcycle tubes in the bike tires? Something like this:
http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-455-134-xtra-heavy-duty-tubes

I have Mr Tuffy XL's on my other fat ebike. I got 3 flats on it before Mr Tuffy, none since and it has been over a year. They do add more weight but better than fixing a flat in the middle of nowhere.

Back