Powerful Fat Tire E-bike w/ Torque sensor from Juiced Bikes

I have been waiting 2 months for 1 frame, good luck with that.

Dude, if you're just gonna troll every thread and post stupid garbage just leave already like you said you were gonna do a month ago. We all get it, Juiced has a corporate mission to screw you. Your constant complaining has gone from informative to useless annoyance.

I have been waiting 2 months for 1 frame, good luck with that.

Yes, Rooster it takes at least 2 months from the time we order the frames until we can send them to paint. We are hyper busy these days and even with the incessant complaints and forum trolling, we are going to make your bike right.

Here are the OceanCurrent frames mid way through paint. Your swap is one of the 600 getting painted now. We need to flag and pull it off the line to have prepped to get swapped out so your bike can use the 9FET controller and gain the extra 2 mph when using the throttle.

Attachments

• IMG_9020.JPG
    IMG_9020.JPG
    577.5 KB · Views: 1,080
Last edited:
Yes, it takes at least 2 months from the time we order the frames until we can send them to paint. We are hyper busy these days and even with the incessant complaints and forum trolling, we are going to make your bike right.

Here are the frames mid way through paint. Your swap is one of the 600 getting painted now. We need to flag and pull it off the line to have prepped to get swapped out so your bike can use the 9FET controller and gain the extra 2 mph when using the throttle.

Those frames look a little different. Beefier. Which is great. Are those the XL frames?

It looks like they dropped the triangular weldment that tied the top, seat tube and seat stays together. Could that have been the weak point that was causing problems? Or maybe it required too much manufacturing time.

It looks like they dropped the triangular weldment that tied the top, seat tube and seat stays together. Could that have been the weak point that was causing problems? Or maybe it required too much manufacturing time.
I noticed that as well. It's surprising if that's the weak point since it seems that it'd be the strong point. Since it looks like they are about ready to pack and slow ship I'm hoping that they'll be here by mid-November.

I noticed that as well. It's surprising if that's the weak point since it seems that it'd be the strong point. Since it looks like they are about ready to pack and slow ship I'm hoping that they'll be here by mid-November.
I’m leaning towards manufacturing time reduction. In addition to the CNC time to produce each part, it required four weld beads (seat post annular weld, top tube butt weld, and the two seat stay welds). This new version uses the seat tube as a base, and the other 3 elements are welded to it. Thus you can make 3 beefy welds right up next to the seat tube, which is a tried and true method. With the triangular original piece, the welds (not counting the seat tube annular weld) would have been an inch or so distant from the seat tube, and caused a stress riser that proved weak under repeated loading.

It would be fun to have a shootout between the Hyperfat and the Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra.
The ultra with a 52t front sprocket would do well above 35 mph at 48v depending on the controller of course. With a 30 amp controller on the ultra the Hyperfat May have a chance if it could catch it. Depending on the rider. But I think the Hyperfat would have it on maintenance. That's on flat ground of course. On trails it would be a whole different bag of beans.

Your also talking about $800 difference for the 17 amp version of the ultra. And I don't know if you can get the 52t crankset.

And then add in fenders and rack to the cost of the Hyperfat. As far as top speed, I have no desire to go 35 mph! My main thing is climbing hills and riding into stiff winds. I'm sure the Hyperfat will be a great bike ,too.

And then add in fenders and rack to the cost of the Hyperfat. As far as top speed, I have no desire to go 35 mph! My main thing is climbing hills and riding into stiff winds. I'm sure the Hyperfat will be a great bike ,too.
In a drag race off the showroom floor I would have to take the Hyperfat, if it ever makes it to the showroom, j.s.

In a drag race off the showroom floor I would have to take the Hyperfat, if it ever makes it to the showroom, j.s.

I'm sure both bikes have plenty of power. Electric fat bikes is a really cool idea. You don't notice the weight at all even with assist one and feels great on gravel roads.

These bikes are pretty even as far as specs go. You just have to decide if you want a mid drive or hub motor. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I have always liked Mac motors but I am intrigued by the new Bafang Ultra Drive especially after Luna's breakdown video (see below) Nice thing is that you can get the Ultra now, though it looks like they only have 1 more in stock.

I don't think you could go wrong with either bike. I do like what Tora has done with the battery, controller, beefier frame and I really like the display because it shows volts. The HyperFat is an awesome eBike. That being said Biktrix's Roshan is a stand-up guy and I like the fact that he just went ahead and released the powerful Ultra without much fanfare with immediate availability. The Ultra is also a fine ebike. Would be cool to see a shootout between the two.

(
)

Last edited:
Back