Possible to purchase EU versions of Haibike and have shipped to US?

Mmomboisse

Once again it looks like Haibike is not going to be sending to the US the version of their Sduro line I'm most interested in. Last year it was the Sduro Cross RC (really want a double front chainring) and this year its their Sduro Hardnine 5 or above.

Is there a reputable UK/EU Haibike dealer that will ship to the US that anyone can recommend? And will it be possible to use a speed dongle to remove the EU/UK speed limiter?

Don't those bikes use the controller with the eConnect module, which stacks up agains the Bosch Nyon display? I think both of these depend on a low cost data only 4G service and will only work in Europe.

Last edited:
Don't those bikes use the controller with the eConnect module, which stacks up agains the Bosch Nyon display? I think both of these depend on a lost cost data only 4G service and will only work in Europe.
I don't think so. That appears to only be the case for the Hardnine 7 and 8. I'm focused on the Hardnine 5, 5.5 or 6 which appear to retain the old controller/operating system.

Contact Martin at [email protected]

e-bikeshop has a great site. I literally have email threads of over 100 emails each on both of my purchases (2x FatSixes both w/Nyon and Droppers). He answered all of my questions and the shipping was quick. Everything arrived in perfect order.

Contact Martin at [email protected]

e-bikeshop has a great site. I literally have email threads of over 100 emails each on both of my purchases (2x FatSixes both w/Nyon and Droppers). He answered all of my questions and the shipping was quick. Everything arrived in perfect order.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm guessing I didn't notice them in my search because I was looking for a Cube.

Bh easy motion also has some nice looking pwx Yamaha powered bikes that might be a different prices (cheaper?) Than the haibike models. Both brands also appear to use the same battery pack, which means easy upgrade and even cross brand use!

Stumbling around the Internet I found these German bikes from Winora. I think they are under the same corporate umbrella as Haibike. I'm wondering if we might see these available in the US any time soon (although they might not want them competing with Haibike)? They have some fine looking specimens:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It might be more cost effective to modify the US version. The other concern is having Yamaha USA provide parts, I'm not certain about Yamaha, but Bosch USA doesn't provide warranty parts for non-US bikes. It's a little frustrating for those that have brought their bikes over here, but there are a lot of concerns with compatibility and potential liability.

Back