Pedego and the Element

PioneerHusky

Hello Pedego Owners,
I'm currently shopping for my second ebike. Are there any Element owners that can comment on it's reliability and riding experience since purchase?

Unfortunately, my first ebike (ordered online) has been a terrible experience. Even with little usage, I've encountered a broken throttle, engine fault indicator, motor that dies using PAS or throttle, stuck battery, and numerous other minor issues that ruin the riding experience. The response I get from the company is to send the ebike back for repair. I don't see sending it back for repair one or more times going forward a viable solution. I've lost confidence in this ebike (but it may be useful for spare parts). It's my fault for buying online, so I don't want to make the same mistake again.

This time, I want to purchase a good ebike from a LBS known for customer service. I'm willing to pay more for that service.

That brings me to Pedego and the Element. Based on comments, Pedego and it's dealers really seem to focus on customer service and building a community of happy owners. I see that Pedego dealers organize owner group rides, which would be a bonus for me. There are 5 Pedego dealers within 50 miles of my home.

However, what about the Element? I'm a shorter guy, 5'-6" with 29" inseam, so I need a compact bike. My options are limited now that I'm restricted to LBS and a compact size. Court seems to rate it highly in the compact size category. The price ($1895) is high based purely on the specs, but I understand the dealer network and customer service cost more.

Thanks for reading my post! I'm going to schedule a test ride of the Element soon. Any comments (good or bad) about Pedego or the Element are appreciated!

Not sure what your budget is but the trailer tracker is so much better. If you can afford it go with that over the element imho.

Not sure what your budget is but the trailer tracker is so much better. If you can afford it go with that over the element imho.
@ebikelike, Thanks for your comment. The Trail Tracker does look awesome, but it's more than I want to spend and more bike than I need.

I mostly ride the paths behind my house. The paths are concrete or hard packed dirt with gravel (with some hills). Other than that, I'll occasionally ride to the library or grocery store on city streets.

I can't comment on the Element directly. I have three Platinum Interceptors and I can't say enough about the Pedego customer service and product support.

Since you have a few dealerships nearby, I recommend taking the Element for a test ride before buying just to be sure it's a good fit for you..

I can't comment on the Element directly. I have three Platinum Interceptors and I can't say enough about the Pedego customer service and product support.

Since you have a few dealerships nearby, I recommend taking the Element for a test ride before buying just to be sure it's a good fit for you..
I'll definitely do a test ride. That's a big advantage going with LBS. I submitted the online test ride request form to Pedego Boulder, the closest dealer to me. Tomorrow is their Pedego Palooza customer appreciation party, so I'll try for a test ride next weekend or after.

Based on comments, Pedego and it's dealers really seem to focus on customer service and building a community of happy owners. I see that Pedego dealers organize owner group rides, which would be a bonus for me.

Our experience with our local dealer since purchasing two Boomerangs last February (a 26" for, 24" for my wife) has been exceptional. Everything you hear and read about Pedego's committment to customer service and satisfaction has been true for us. I've been on 3 of the monthly group rides and it really brings together other Pedego owners. I was in the local store today having noisy disc brakes fixed and the tech was outstanding, completely curing the noise. The brakes are now quieter than when they were new.

You say you're willing to pay for the service you get at a local Pedego dealer... YES it's definitely worth it.

@ebikelike, Thanks for your comment. The Trail Tracker does look awesome, but it's more than I want to spend and more bike than I need.

I mostly ride the paths behind my house. The paths are concrete or hard packed dirt with gravel (with some hills). Other than that, I'll occasionally ride to the library or grocery store on city streets.
I totally hear you. Agreed, try it out first. Again, it comes down to expectations imho. I rode the TT first and loved it bought it and then I tried the element like a month afterwards and only had love for the TT but my kid is too small for my TT so they never tried it but the element they love! Good luck.

Hello, I've had my pedego element about 4 months. I really enjoy mine. And I purchased an extra battery so now I can go on 50 mile plus rides..

Our experience with our local dealer since purchasing two Boomerangs last February (a 26" for, 24" for my wife) has been exceptional. Everything you hear and read about Pedego's committment to customer service and satisfaction has been true for us. I've been on 3 of the monthly group rides and it really brings together other Pedego owners. I was in the local store today having noisy disc brakes fixed and the tech was outstanding, completely curing the noise. The brakes are now quieter than when they were new.

You say you're willing to pay for the service you get at a local Pedego dealer... YES it's definitely worth it.
We second what darksky says to you. Don't underestimate how much additional value you will get from having a fully parts stocked knowledgeable local bike shop. We've had our Pedego ebikes for about a month and our Pedego dealer's service, help, and knowledge have been invaluable. We can and have walked into the shop and received immediate help and service to fix a couple of minor issues to our complete satisfaction. Pedego's long warranty and the fact they stand behind it are also value added. There's plenty of evidence on this forum of the difficulties new ebike owners are having getting service, parts, and warranty service due to over extended sellers and parts shortages. Pedego owners don't seem to experience these.

I've had the Element since July 19. I'm also enjoying mine. No real issues to complain about so far with the bike. I'm approaching the 100 mile tuneup, so I'll get to experience the Pedego customer service first hand soon. My Pedego dealer is supposed to pickup and deliver the bike back to my home after the tuneup.

I did notice something small rattling around in the charger. I'll see if I can get the charger replaced even though it works ok.

I'm following other ebike forums filled with complaints about months long delivery delays. I test rode the Element on a Saturday afternoon and it was delivered to my house fully assembled and charged Monday afternoon. That's the right way to treat a customer.

Just bought two Elements today after spending quite a while researching. I went with Pedego because of the support available at their local bike shop 20 minutes from our house even though I could have probably ordered something and saved money. So far loving it and my son now wants one too after trying one today when we got home. Can't wait to put some miles on the bikes!

My understanding of Pedego is that the also rent ebikes. Would it be possible to rent an Element for a few days and really get a feel for it? And the same with a Trail Tracker?

Last edited:
My understanding of Pedego is that the also rent ebikes. Would it be possible to rent an Element for a few days and really get a feel for it? And the same with a same with a Trail Tracker?
Absolutely, check the website to locate your nearest Dealer to work with them on a game plan for the Element and Trail Tracker!

Hi there Pioneer Husky, Andrew here from Pedego in Nanaimo. Yeah the question to ask is what kind of riding do you want to do, the element is a good all around bike, can be ridden on trails, roads. If you want maximum efficiency for road riding a bike like the city commuter would be more suitable, pure trail riding the trail tracker or ridge rider. Ask your local pedego dealer about the type of riding you want to do and they'll help you out!

Back