Pedal assist too powerful

Son Nguyen

I have the ejoe epik lite and it is great. My only complaint is the pedal assist being too powerful. In PAS1, i want less help so i can use more leg power. Is there anyway to do that? Would covering up half of the cadence sensor (6 out of 12) give me half the assist?

If think the main issue with the Epik is the gearing, although I'm specifically speaking about the SE. Basically, the Epik is geared (intentional or not) to be a good hill climber. So, I actually like that it is geared this way because often I ride in really hilly areas. But, when you get on a long flat trail, I know exactly what you are talking about, you kind of wish you could dial down the assist. Although, because of the gearing, if you do find yourself on a long flat stretch, maybe just turn off pedal assist and go with throttle (when needed). I've done that when on a local rail trail.

I only use pedal assist for hills. For flat straights I can use throttle to get up to speed and cruise

Where I ride most of the time (Chester County, PA and Valley Forge National Historic Park) there are not a lot of flat stretches, so I use pedal assist regularly. But, when I have taken my Epik on rail trails I have switched pedal assist off and just used throttle to get up to speed and to get through intersections quickly. Look at it this way, its a great way to get exercise while conserving battery for the return trip home. :)

Back