Peculiar Battery behavior

Dfstarman

I have a brand new 2 day old Nitro E3 .

The battery charges after a ride and then shows full on the LCD.
I disconnect and return a few hours later and it shows half or less?
What could be the issue?

Yeah, mine has a similar behavior, but in my case when this happens it usually reads only 1 bar. It seems to be related to whether or not I am seated on the bike properly when I turn it on. If I turn it off and then back on while seated on the bike the battery meter reads what I expect. Does that work for you? Not sure if this is an issue or just a peculiarity of this bike. Does this happen to others?

I find if I click the lcd 45 degrees when the bike is put away it does not happen.
However no matter what I do including changing the LCD battery it does not hold the time it keeps defaulting to 12:00 Am
Don't know if that is standard or if the LCD is defective?

I find if I click the lcd 45 degrees when the bike is put away it does not happen.
However no matter what I do including changing the LCD battery it does not hold the time it keeps defaulting to 12:00 Am

You might have a bad battery inside of the computer. Try replacing the battery.

Yeah, I don't have that problem. I'm guessing Hurley's proposed the right solution for that. I did develop a new problem yesterday though. I was about 18 miles into a ride when by bike, which was reading 4 out of 5 bars for battery, shut off! The battery meter seems to be completely unreliable. Anyone else having this problem or at least know if it's likely to be a battery problem versus something else?

I hear you Brian. I had rode lots of hills in Fountain Hills AZ over 30 miles and my meter still said over 80%???
It took about 2.5 hours to recharge the battery so I know the battery indicator on the computer was wrong.
I would say the best way is to get an idea of your range and rely more on that.
Take a look at this thread post #15.
"Thread No Longer Exists"

Back