Parts identification?

GuruUno

On the 2022 Como, Vado as well as the SL, the side cover on the motor had fastening screws/bots/ that if over time loosen, create a clicking/vibration.
Removal and application of thread lock assist in reduction of noise.
However, multiple attempts to torque those bolts result in the soft metal of said nuts not remaining intact/tight and potentially needing replacement.
Anyone know the part number(s) for them?

Doesn't help. Nothing even close.
have you been to one? I’ve found completely obscure fasteners from their store experts. Using the online catalog can be useless unless you have caliper measurements thread gauges and good nomenclature. I just tried to offer a solution…

Last edited:
have you been to one? I’ve found completely obscure fasteners from their store experts. Using the online catalog can be useless unless you have caliper measurements thread gauges and good nomenclature. I just tried to offer a solution…
Can't go to one, they all say ""This location is a Fulfillment Center - Appointment Only and not open for walk-in business. To get current will call hours for on account customers, please call ahead."

the torque spec on that faster is one newton meter (lol) so i'm not surprised it didn't stand up to being tightened much.

tiny.JPG

your LBS may be able to get just the fasteners, but the part number for the fasteners AND the cover is

S219900056MSC MY22 VADO/TERO MOTOR COVER KITDS & NDS motor cover kit, includes bolts

do you have a decent picture of the fasteners? mcmaster has a huge selection, although there are other places which are more specialized in tiny fasteners like this one is likely to be.

The plastic motor and battery covers are pretty mickey mouse imo. Easy to deform the holes and i have to wonder how many times the covers will be reuseable.

When I installed the electric horn I removed that cover to have access to the wire that feeds the front headlight to splice the horn wire into. I never thought that the simple act of removing the cover and reinstalling it would produce the occasional clicking I get while pedaling under torque/pressure. So, when I removed it a 2nd time to verify nothing was wrong, I applied petroleum jelly to the outside edges of the cover and reinstalled the bolts. Was nice and quiet for a period of time, but started again, so re-torque the nuts. Thats when I find they were a tad soft and easily mangled. On a previous Vado SL that was the same process used by the LBS to inhibit the occasional clicking.
Now the quest to have the LBS or another source locate those nuts.

Back