Parts I found and Parts I am looking for for my Ecotric 26" Fat Tire

jef

Region
USA
I bought an early Ecotric 26" Fat Tire (FAT26S900-MB I think) and have about 6000 miles on it now. I had an electrical issue after about 1000 miles and was lucky enough to live near the old Ecotric warehouse at Oakland Airport. I took the bike and left it for a week and it worked great when I got it back. I have biked another 5000 miles since with no major issues. It has been a great bike and the Bay Area is very bike friendly. I expect I am considering moving up to a Hammer from the same vendor as the bars look to fit me better and it has a motor upgrade. I really like the 26" fat tires as they really are fun, comfy, and forgiving.

One note: Ecotric has some customer service issues, to say the least, but their prices seem reasonable and they have made good on some rough spots for me. If there was a location to test ride the bikes and get service in a physical location, I would not hesitate to buy another one, but their website lists them as still in Oakland and I believe they are in Hayward now and their site still lists the old location and the site has said the warehouse is closed for test rides (and repairs). Most don't live close enough anyway for that to matter but a warning sign of lax process for sure.

I would buy from a local dealer a new Hammer and all my parts but I can't find one that deals with these ecotric bikes. Another shortcoming, but the Internet came to the rescue.

I am not an ebike expert by any means and I struggled to find the rights parts but eventually did pretty well and replaced them myself. Hopefully this list will help someone else as I did find the following parts fit my bike and really helped make the bike even better.

I think this 500w Freewheel is a direct replacement for the Bafang motor. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264256829672

I would buy these parts again:

Tektro M300 Aries Mechanical Disc Brakes Front & Rear w Calipers, Rotors & Bolts (bought on ebay twice but don't see the listing for the kit anymore).
TEKTRO Disc Brake Pads I ordered 6 times from Amazon.
Front Suspension Fork from Ecotric (what a difference!) (don't forget the discount code!).
Seat and Post Suspension from Amazon. (nice addition in my mind).
Handlebar Riser from Amazon (this is adjustable and I should replace it with a fixed on now that I have confirmed the angle and size).
Handlebar Extender Amazon.
Tires 26x4 Amazon (cosmetically different look but functionally worked great)

I am looking for the following parts:

A used complete bike, frame, or other parts in general.
A second battery or case that I can charge and clip into the original bracket
A matching motor, controller, display and/or another version that is up to 750 watts.

I was glad to find this forum. Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff, BTW great post!

Do you know where I can get a female 9-pin connector. That is the cable that connects from the controller to the rear motor?
eBike: Ecotric 2019 26" fat tire

Thanks Jess and Harry for the question and response. I ended up buying an Ecotric 27" 750 watt Hammer and though I love the 26 (9000 miles) a lot but wow that Hammer fits my size better and the power and range really made a difference. Let us know how that pin connector works out.

Thanks Harry and Jef for responses

My issue is that my motor was having issues. Meaning 1) intermittent power, 2) loud grinding sound from the rear motor. During my attempt to discount and re-connect the 9-pin connector, one of the pins broke off. So I bought a new motor but I still have powerissues. My hope was to replace the 9-pin connector and motor would work.

I have been emailing Ecotric but it's a slow process. I live on San Diego and don't have the luxury on just stop by the Oakland location.

I know it's a simple solution why the motor won't work all the time but I don't have a root cause at this time. Wished there was a Ecoctic in Southern California or shop that can fix my bike

Jessman

the first ride with the new controller up a 1000foot steep hill the magnets broke free inside the motor. It made a loud scraping noise.
I have glued the magnets back in place using JB weld and epoxy thinned with acetone. the bike is working now but I do not trust it anymore!

Jessman

the first ride with the new controller up a 1000foot steep hill the magnets broke free inside the motor. It made a loud scraping noise.
I have glued the magnets back in place using JB weld and epoxy thinned with acetone. the bike is working now but I do not trust it anymore!
Bummer, I ended up buying new wheel, with motor ($~300), and new controller. I think the new battery caused fired the old controller

Back