Parts availability for 2022 Como/Vado?

GuruUno

I'll make it real short.
Need some replacement parts.
I provided the LBS with the part #s from the Specialized website.
I'm told that "Unfortunately, they are both sold out with no visible ETA"
If you go to: https://support.specialized.com/turbovado/en/service-maintenance/replacement-parts
The list of parts is itemized.
Is this the new world we live in?
Referenced:
Part # S210500016 BLT MY22 VADO/TERO FRAME LOCK HARDWARE KIT
I'm not sure if I need S210500017 BLT MY22 VADO/TERO BATTERY LATCH MOUNTING HARDWARE
Bottom line: Does anyone have an alternate source(s)?

they don’t have those particular parts, but I find performance bicycles has a good parts selection.

So, long story short, just as a FYI, the key after being inserted to turn and then pushing the lever to release the battery does not seem to be able to be removed, so when I dropped the bike from the bike stand, the key was in the lock and snapped (must have got caught on something while releasing from the stand).
I contacted a local locksmith who was able to get the broken part out!
Halliejuia!
But the parts issue is of some concern moving forward. What ramifications does that have on the future of maintaining our bikes, or do we think it might get better?
This is the big problem with e-bikes, somewhat "one-hit-wonders", parts being available as time moves on.
Broken key (2022 Vado) copy.jpg

And I always thought I was the careless person.
Guru; Please, ride on. Don't make a doctor degree on damaging your e-bikes. Because I feel they hate you.

And I always thought I was the careless person.
Guru; Please, ride on. Don't make a doctor degree on damaging your e-bikes. Because I feel they hate you.
My e-bikes love me. They purr at my every stroke. I take care of them, as they do me.

They come broken from the factory to you so you cannot damage them more in the first place :)

I'll make it real short.
Need some replacement parts.
I provided the LBS with the part #s from the Specialized website.
I'm told that "Unfortunately, they are both sold out with no visible ETA"
If you go to: https://support.specialized.com/turbovado/en/service-maintenance/replacement-parts
The list of parts is itemized.
Is this the new world we live in?
Referenced:
Part # S210500016 BLT MY22 VADO/TERO FRAME LOCK HARDWARE KIT
I'm not sure if I need S210500017 BLT MY22 VADO/TERO BATTERY LATCH MOUNTING HARDWARE
Bottom line: Does anyone have an alternate source(s)?

You can take those part numbers and start surfing the phones for other dealers that might be able to have or track down those parts maybe? AXA has been around for quite a while overseas and are becoming more present in the NA market (Gazelle for instance uses them). Those locking parts will probably stay relevent enough for you to get tired of your bike and upgrade in the next few months ;)

You can take those part numbers and start surfing the phones for other dealers that might be able to have or track down those parts maybe? AXA has been around for quite a while overseas and are becoming more present in the NA market (Gazelle for instance uses them). Those locking parts will probably stay relevent enough for you to get tired of your bike and upgrade in the next few months ;)
The LBS managers here tell me that the entire e-bike industry is becoming 'better', as they are able to get more and more spare parts.
They tell me that the biggest hurdle has been always, the ability to have spare parts.

Back