Our review on the Lectric XP 2.0!

First and foremost...Is that your GF or wife? If so, you've got better things to look at than bikes.

I subscribe to your channel and enjoy the no-nonsense reviews that you and Omar post. There's no shortage of YT videos about the Lectric ranging from very helpful, like yours, to cringe worthy (one owner who spends the better part of a 25 minute video bitching about the stock seat. Geez. Start a Gofundme for a new seat!).

I just ordered the bike last night and wondering if the tumble you took could be attributed to the smallish tires or any other safety red flag? I ask because I expect to be sharing my new 2.0 with beginner/novice e-bike riders.

My lectric is my first intro to ebikes. There are two main things to take into account vs regular bikes. One is weight. It is unwieldy until you get it rolling (like a motorcycle). Two is torque. I highly recommend starting in PAS 0 until you start going and then use the controller to move it up and down.
Overall, the bike is quite nimble on the tires. Brakes are strong. Motor kick especially on a fresh battery takes some getting used to. Overall it's been fun.
After a few days of riding, much of this won't matter as you will be used to it.

My lectric is my first intro to ebikes. There are two main things to take into account vs regular bikes. One is weight. It is unwieldy until you get it rolling (like a motorcycle). Two is torque. I highly recommend starting in PAS 0 until you start going and then use the controller to move it up and down.
Overall, the bike is quite nimble on the tires. Brakes are strong. Motor kick especially on a fresh battery takes some getting used to. Overall it's been fun.
After a few days of riding, much of this won't matter as you will be used to it.
Thank you! I always warn new riders to "Hang on" since the rear hub/ cadence sensor bikes tend to bolt a bit. I don't know if there is any research on the subject, but I suspect many riders actually prefer that "kick" compared to the more natural/relaxed mid drive torque sensor bikes.

I'm glad to hear the bike is nimble. I had a chance to ride a friends 1.0 version with 4 inch tires, and while the ride was comfortable, the handling was clumsy at best. I do ride on some trails that fall somewhere between light and mountain bike rating, so I'm hoping the XP is more suitable for those than my 2" non-suspension bike.

The overall weight of this thing is my biggest concern, since my main motivation for buying a folder is portability. However, the lighter folders I considered in this price range seemed comparatively anemic in terms of power and range.

First and foremost...Is that your GF or wife? If so, you've got better things to look at than bikes.

I subscribe to your channel and enjoy the no-nonsense reviews that you and Omar post. There's no shortage of YT videos about the Lectric ranging from very helpful, like yours, to cringe worthy (one owner who spends the better part of a 25 minute video bitching about the stock seat. Geez. Start a Gofundme for a new seat!).

I just ordered the bike last night and wondering if the tumble you took could be attributed to the smallish tires or any other safety red flag? I ask because I expect to be sharing my new 2.0 with beginner/novice e-bike riders.
Glad you're enjoying our reviews. That tumble I took was on a trail that I for sure would not recommend for a novice rider. It's actually a lot steeper than it seems in the video, which rarely give you the right perspective, but it was also very technical. Even on a mountain bike it would have been challenging tbh so I wouldn't necessarily blame the bike for the fall. In general the 3in tires have great trail capabilities, even on some softer sand as long as its not too deep but at the end of the day its never going to be as nimble as a mountain bike so there are def some limitations.

Back