Order Turnaround - RCS

roly poly

For those checking email every ten minutes like I was,

RipCurrent S (750 Watts) / Early July '18 delivery - Brushed Aluminum / M / 16.5" [Fits 5'5" to 5'9"] / 48 V / 19.2 Ah

Ordered on 6/20 and just got notice of shipment today! Not too bad!!! :D

Will update when delivered! Can't wait!

My bike just came in. The first thing I wanted to do is start charging the battery but I can't. I really hope that I'm overlooking something. I have a barrel plug type charger and the 19.2Ah battery and I do not see any type of adapters or anything. How is this supposed to work? Is there usually an adapter or did they send me the wrong charger or am I just being dumb and overlooking something. Looked through their videos but did not see anything on this topic. HELP!!! :)

Also, it looks like one of the cables is broke (ripped apart) but I haven't gotten that far yet (will update).

IMG_20180713_171538.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Glenn-rod

It looks like they may have left that part out. The wire part that looked like it was going to be trouble was just the wires pulled out of the sockets (not where they supposed to come apart) on the brake kill switch. I was able to jam them back in and everything is working properly. I called and emailed support so I'm sure they'll get with me next week to get that part.

I just went for my first 5 miles and there are some light grinding noises coming from the rear wheel but nothing terrible. maybe a brake???. A lot of stuff to tune up but MAN THIS BIKE IS FUN! Can't wait until I can charge it. haha. :)

You're not alone. I just got my Juiced CCS. Went for a quick 5 miles, realigned the rear fender that was rubbing, went to charge and no adapter in my box either. Raised a ticket and will see how it goes. I'll be requesting an extension of the 7 day money back guarantee trial from the date of arrival of the adapter, as I really can't test properly without being able to fully charge the battery.

You're not alone. I just got my Juiced CCS. Went for a quick 5 miles, realigned the rear fender that was rubbing, went to charge and no adapter in my box either. Raised a ticket and will see how it goes. I'll be requesting an extension of the 7 day money back guarantee trial from the date of arrival of the adapter, as I really can't test properly without being able to fully charge the battery.

They had sent me an email yesterday stating that they would send it asap. I hope that is soon! I had issues with my rear fender as well. I didn't notice until a little while later that the metal bracket that is on the fender mounts to the flap on the back of the rack (where the rear light goes). I agree on the 7 day money back thing. You can't test what you can't ride!

They've confirmed that they're sending the part out to me today. Also confirmed that I'll be given a 7 day return period extension past the date that I receive the part. Seems they're working to make things right to me.

Did you ever get your adapter? Will this work from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Cable-...32616243&sr=1-3&keywords=4-pin+xlr+male+to+dc

I'm not sure what the wiring gauge is, but 2 amp is pretty low so its probably fine.

I did start looking on Amazon and did run across that adapter. It seems like it would work (if the wire is thick enough) except I would have to have another adapter (coupler) to connect the two male barrel plugs.

I had replied to my open ticket with them this morning, and now just received an email from them with shipment information. I'm hoping that my adapter will ship soon. I will update here. Thank you everyone!

You could get a female to female connector. You could get the adapter, strip the barrel plugs and tie them together with some wire connectors; the ones you can get a home depot (50 for $4).

I could do that but I think I'm just going to use my McGuyver solution (Post # 6 on this thread) until my adapter comes in. Hopefully that will be soon! If not I may be headed to Home Depot!

Back