Orbea Gain Servicing in London / Surrey

Ncbp911

Hi
I have an Orbea Gain D30 2018 which is having problems.I bought it originally in 2018 from Cycle surgery ...........they then stopped selling / servicing them !
I was having batteryp problems and Cycle Surgery managed to get me a complete brand new replacement bike.
I've had this replacement 2018 D30 for just under a year ( 4000 miles ) and the battery performance is starting to deteriorate.
I took it to Cycle REPUBLIC for a service but they were unable to do the "ebike " / Hub service as they did not have the tool for opening the hub ......
They managed to change the chain, brake parts etc. They cannot do the ebike service until the hub tool arrives .............but now Cycle Republic is being closed down by Halfords.
Unfortunately since the Cycle Republic service the drive has developed problems despite what they said about not being able to work on the ebike parts of the Gain.
So I am left with a bike that seems to have new problems ( intermittent pink flashing IWOC light, intermittent noise from the hub, intermittent jerky drive especially uphill ) with nowhere to take it.
Does anyone know where i can find an Orbea Gain ebike workshop / independent where I can take my bike to be checked / fault diagnosed and fixed ?
I am based in Kingston Surrey and use the bike to commute 15 miles to my hospital in central London where I work as an anaesthetist.
It would be really useful to have my main commuting transport reliably working again during these difficult times ahead with the coronavirus
Thanks

Hi
I have an Orbea Gain D30 2018 which is having problems.I bought it originally in 2018 from Cycle surgery ...........they then stopped selling / servicing them !
I was having batteryp problems and Cycle Surgery managed to get me a complete brand new replacement bike.
I've had this replacement 2018 D30 for just under a year ( 4000 miles ) and the battery performance is starting to deteriorate.
I took it to Cycle REPUBLIC for a service but they were unable to do the "ebike " / Hub service as they did not have the tool for opening the hub ......
They managed to change the chain, brake parts etc. They cannot do the ebike service until the hub tool arrives .............but now Cycle Republic is being closed down by Halfords.
Unfortunately since the Cycle Republic service the drive has developed problems despite what they said about not being able to work on the ebike parts of the Gain.
So I am left with a bike that seems to have new problems ( intermittent pink flashing IWOC light, intermittent noise from the hub, intermittent jerky drive especially uphill ) with nowhere to take it.
Does anyone know where i can find an Orbea Gain ebike workshop / independent where I can take my bike to be checked / fault diagnosed and fixed ?
I am based in Kingston Surrey and use the bike to commute 15 miles to my hospital in central London where I work as an anaesthetist.
It would be really useful to have my main commuting transport reliably working again during these difficult times ahead with the coronavirus
Thanks

Hi,

My Dad has had the exact same issue with his Orbea Gain D30. He purchased it from Cycle Surgery back in 2018 one of the first bikes in the country. About 3 months ago the iWoc controller started to flash purple and the motor would make a strange sound. He has really found it difficult to find a shop that has access to the Orbea Dealer app for diagnostics for the bike. Most shops don't really understand what it is! Even though they are listed on Orbea's website as an authorised dealer! Cycle surgery wasn't an option as they are closed during the lockdown. So we tried various shops. We eventually found 'The Bike Loft' in Redbourne had experience in diagnosing the issues with the dealer app etc.. The bike has been in the shop for probably a month now, but Orbea's support during lockdown hasn't helped the matter. They have diagnosed the issue as a potential problem with the motor and iWoc controller. The shop are awaiting further assistance from Orbea as to how to proceed. We live in Amersham Bucks and have tried many stores in Watford/Northwood area, but none have been any good. Hope you can find someone to sort your bike out.
I know my Dad is very frustrated with all this good weather and the bike is stuck in the shop.

Back