OneMotor Conversion kit for Brompton / Hybrid / Mountain / Scooter. For sale in the UK - only £400.

Alec C

This is a unique bike conversion kit that can be interchanged between bikes. I have used mine on my Brompton and my hybrid. Can also be used to power scooter but separate fittings required from vendor. My kit was used for a few months during COVID when I was cycling 17 miles to work but has not been used recently. Still in good order. Tested today and can send a video of it working. It is in good condition. There is slight wear on the cable joining the battery to the motor. I have put some electrical tape on it but the connection is sound. Beauty of design is ease with which you can remove the motor and battery and take it with you in a single handy package. See the website for how it works.
Read full description on website: https://onemotor.co/

Read my review on electric bike reviews: https://forums.electricbikereview.com/threads/review-of-onemotor-for-brompton.35213/

Photo shows kit attached to Brompton and my Marin hybrid. Bikes not included!! Fitting is straightforward with full printed instructions included. I will carefully remove all bits and package for reassembly. lncludes:
  • OneMotor - 50v friction motor; 250W on EU setting.
  • Rechargeable battery
  • Mains Charger
  • Handlebar mounted controller (mini USB charging)
  • Pedal Assist (PAS) detector for pedal. (mini USB charging) This is to make it legal for use in EU. The motor can also be used (on private land) on the non-PAS setting which effectively turns the bike into a moped (no pedalling required) using the throttle on the controller. Settings can also be switched to US which gives you more power output up to 750W.
  • Fittings for Brompton
  • Fittings for Hybrid/mountain bike
  • Third set of fittings for another bike. Can be mounted either on forks or under bottom bracket (kickstand mount).
  • Top Peak mount for battery
  • Spare Top Peak mount (unopened)
  • Spare rechargeable batteries for controller and PAS
  • 3 Mounts for PAS * enables quick use of unit on another bike.
  • Cables and mounting accessories.
  • Instruction sheets

This kit cost me over $1500 including postage from the USA, about £1,100. That sounds a lot but the way I looked at it, I got three electric bikes for the price of one.
It's on sale here in the UK for a competitive £400/$510. That compares well with the hub conversion kits you see on eBay. Posting to US is feasible but I would have to add another $100 for postage costs and you would be responsible for any duty. You could look this up on ebay.co.uk if you wanted to purchase it with ebay protection.
Message me on [email protected] if interested.

Attachments

• PXL_20240807_175114961.jpg
    PXL_20240807_175114961.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 6
Back