Omni screen blank white

Suzzzzzzz

Region
USA
Hello. I had a Stromer ST2 for a little under two years with problem after problem. 5 months ago Stromer gave me a replacement “upgrade” ST3. I haven’t been riding as much since I don’t commute for the time being, so the bike only has 307 miles on it. Yesterday at 100% charge I rode approx 7 miles, stopped off for a beer, and about an hour later went to continue the ride. When I went to unlock the bike it had drained down to 27% power from just sitting. I made another stop and powered The bike completely down in hopes of saving what was left of the battery. When I powered it back up it just has a blank white screen. The bike seems to be getting a tiny bit of power to the motor, but intermittently. The light will randomly turn on an off and the horn lets out a random honk. I can’t seem to change levels in power. I would like to eject the battery, but with the eject icon not available that is not an option. I have powered the bike completely off and back on several times and still just get the blank white screen. I have tried connecting it to the charger and disconnecting it. It seems to be taking a charge since both lights on the charger are green?
To add insult to injury the dealer I bought my bike from originally cut their ties with Stromer and no longer wants to service the bike and they have no mechanics left with Stromer experience. I have a feeling the one they had may not have been so experienced anyway since I am hard pressed to believe I am unlucky enough to have gotten two lemons from Stromer when they otherwise seem to be a quality brand.
Has anyone else experienced this blank screen issue? Any recommendations on what to do?

Yesterday at 100% charge I rode approx 7 miles, stopped off for a beer, and about an hour later went to continue the ride. When I went to unlock the bike it had drained down to 27% power from just sitting.

This is a typical communication error when the Stromer was attached to the charger for al very long time. In fact, the battery was low even when you started your ride. Later, the true value was displayed. This has nothing to do with the other issue.

Either the OMNI is dead, what could happen, but only in really rare cases. Or the latest updates get wrong, as for some Stromer, a battery update was included. In both cases, you need an experienced Stromer dealer. But it seems, Stomer US might reply to your e-mail, so try this.

Suuuzz, ex Stromer rider myself, had at least 5 of them over almost 10 years , your situation was me at the last bike. Bought the last bike from a shop , had problems, during warrnty repairs the shop dropped Stromer basically left me hanging and I decided no more . The hardest part was the batteries I had built up , I had 4 or5 batteries for St2 worth as much as the last bike but just let it go...

I would get it fixed and then sold and then find another brand and shop....

Suuuzz, ex Stromer rider myself, had at least 5 of them over almost 10 years , your situation was me at the last bike. Bought the last bike from a shop , had problems, during warrnty repairs the shop dropped Stromer basically left me hanging and I decided no more . The hardest part was the batteries I had built up , I had 4 or5 batteries for St2 worth as much as the last bike but just let it go...

I would get it fixed and then sold and then find another brand and shop....
Thank you. I feel like my back is up against the wall and that is my only option at this point. Out of curiosity, what do you ride now and are you happy with it?

Currently riding a Bh nitro , its Ok , lots of issues , waiting for a watt wagon or 2 to be built...

Aargh! The dreaded blank white screen happened to my ST5 today, and I don't have a clue what to do to resolve it.

This is what happened. My insurance company called and wanted the VIN for my bike, so after an hour-long ride, I removed the battery since that's where the VIN is, and when I put the battery back in and closed the door, I turned on the bike and all I got was a white screen. The headlamp and taillight do not go on and my Omni app won't connect with the bike. If I press the on/off button under the top bar and hold it, the screen turns off, but when I press it again to turn it on, all I get is the white screen.

I've read that maybe the issue is the battery didn't seat properly when I put it back in, but without the screen working, I don't know how to open the battery compartment to reseat the battery.

I put it on the charger and tried the on/off routine above, but the same thing happens -- just a blank white screen. What is interesting is the charger showed the battery charging, and after a couple of hours it showed the charging had completed. It makes me think it's not a battery problem and maybe the electronics in the screen just went bad.

Any ideas before I just take it to the dealer?

Last edited:
Aargh! The dreaded blank white screen happened to my ST5 today, and I don't have a clue what to do to resolve it.

This is what happened. My insurance company called and wanted the VIN for my bike, so after an hour-long ride, I removed the battery since that's where the VIN is, and when I put the battery back in and closed the door, I turned on the bike and all I got was a white screen. The headlamp and taillight do not go on and my Omni app won't connect with the bike. If I press the on/off button under the top bar and hold it, the screen turns off, but when I press it again to turn it on, all I get is the white screen.

I've read that maybe the issue is the battery didn't seat properly when I put it back in, but without the screen working, I don't know how to open the battery compartment to reseat the battery.

I put it on the charger and tried the on/off routine above, but the same thing happens -- just a blank white screen. What is interesting is the charger showed the battery charging, and after a couple of hours it showed the charging had completed. It makes me think it's not a battery problem and maybe the electronics in the screen just went bad.

I hate to tell you this, but I ended up having to get the Omni completely replaced. Mine was under warranty, so that was nice. I’ve had it back from the shop for about a month now and so far so good. Knock on wood…

I hate to tell you this, but I ended up having to get the Omni completely replaced. Mine was under warranty, so that was nice. I’ve had it back from the shop for about a month now and so far so good. Knock on wood…
Thank you for letting me know. My ST5 is only a few months old, so also under warranty, and you confirmed my suspicion it may be a catastrophic failure in the Omni electronics. I love riding this bike and hope I’m back riding it soon. 😢

Thank you for letting me know. My ST5 is only a few months old, so also under warranty, and you confirmed my suspicion it may be a catastrophic failure in the Omni electronics. I love riding this bike and hope I’m back riding it soon. 😢
Mine was only 3 months old. I’m giving this replacement bike, with its new replacement Omni, one last chance. The thing is, when they are running right, nothing beats the feel of the Stromer in my opinion.

Mine was only 3 months old. I’m giving this replacement bike, with its new replacement Omni, one last chance. The thing is, when they are running right, nothing beats the feel of the Stromer in my opinion.
Yes, agreed. Riding a Stromer is a special experience. I took it to my dealer, and they also thought it would require an OMNI replacement, as yours did. Mine is 4 only months old, and I've put about 900 miles on it. Hopefully it will get a new brain and be ready to go like new.

When you got your new OMNI, did it reset all the history (trips taken, mileage, etc.) for the bike?

AbeK,
Hope you get your Stromer back on the road soon.

I never did the test ride up in WI. When I saw your post with the screen issue I decided to hold off till maybe sometime in the future. There is no local service for the bike where I reside. Very possible I may attempt a DIY rear hub bike with Stromer ST5 as inspiration. Until this happens I'll continue putting miles on the R&M while hauling 4 batteries for a long ride.

AbeK,
Hope you get your Stromer back on the road soon.

I never did the test ride up in WI. When I saw your post with the screen issue I decided to hold off till maybe sometime in the future. There is no local service for the bike where I reside. Very possible I may attempt a DIY rear hub bike with Stromer ST5 as inspiration. Until this happens I'll continue putting miles on the R&M while hauling 4 batteries for a long ride.
Yes, it was a bummer that this happened. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and I'll have my bike back tomorrow with a new Omni unit (the electronic brain of the bike). All told, I was without my bike for six days. So, I'm not complaining (assuming it all goes according to plan) since it was time for my 1000-mile tune-up anyway. I honestly believe any eBike you get should have dealer nearby because they are more than just mechanical things -- they also have a lot of electronics and stuff happens sometimes that most people simply aren't equipped to fix on their own.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do, and rest assured that your R&M is still a great bike!

Currently riding a Bh nitro , its Ok , lots of issues , waiting for a watt wagon or 2 to be built...
the same " too fast acceleration feel " ?

What if you torque down the screw for the TMM torque sensor a bit less then where it's at now ? Could also change the big ring
to 44T or 46T. Mine has a 53T simgle ring. Or for shorter rides start with a battery at < then 50% SOC and the Nitro won't be that fast&furious.

Also in the Lcd settings you can access the Controller Amps setting (P6 or P7) and change it ; lower to higher. I have mine all the way up to 21AH , could set as
low as 6AH ;
-not sure how it's supposed to work , controller is 25Ah.

With high end accesories (Lights, front fork, seatpost shock, crank, lighter
wheels, carbon handle bar/seat/seatpost, ASI controller) this is still the ebike to beat. Basically we change most of the ebike 😉, but we keep the super reliable Dapu motor and the cables+display. That's what i did with mine-49lbs from 57lbs.

Maybe WattWagon Hydra/Helios ? is a bit better but they are a lot heavier....
No more comments from me on the Stromers , with their new investor hopefully they will make a working ebike.

Back