Old Schwinn cruiser...want to make it electric.

I agree with Harry's logic. AND I have to wonder about the weight of something like that. By time you get enough power to motivate something that size and weight beyond a crawl speed, add the original weight of the scooter along with the rider's weight, what purpose would something like that serve?

I realize that the scooter would not be an ebike, need a much more powerful motwr and battery set up and be far less practical than a gas version...but I would still love to have one! Fine with it being in a different class etc...
For all I know they already exist..I know virtually nothing about e anything actually
?

My entire interest in an 2 wheeled electric vehicle of any sort is actually for a very specific purpose...
Getting back into a remote zone near where I live for the purpose of establishing rock climbs.
The area is roughly 5 miles back in and about 2000' of elevation gain.
Ive heard that high end ebikes of the mtn sort can handle it, most others not so much.
Bikes like the Super73 etc, are intriguing but not something Id go out and aquire without being 100% sure it would do the job and keep doing it for a long time.

A small dirt bike is tempting, but harder to load on my van ?

Back