Not bad for an old man!

D

Deleted member 803

Had my drive train upgraded (XTR all the way) yesterday and what a difference. No more chain slap (with clutch on) and shifting is much crisper.
Went for my early morning ride and did 24.2 miles at an average speed of 21.7 with a top speed of 30.2. While this bike is heavy and not nimble it sure can fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
What mode were you in? I'm impressed even if you were on 3. How much battery did you run through?
Status indicates 63% remaining (from a full charge). Today I was in Mode 3 most of the way 90%(except the flats) and working hard (at least for me).

I believe that approx. 50 mile range is available even in mode 3 and pounding up and down hills. I am very impressed on the range issue. I live in an area with lots of ups and downs (nothing really big though) and I tend to power up the hills. I tend to shift very little unless I feel some leg fatigue. I have yet to use the small front chainring (used just to test the shifter) and typically ride in gears 17-20 for 99% of my riding.

I will reiterate that I am not a physical specimen and consider myself pretty out of shape. Certainly no cyclist.

Had my drive train upgraded (XTR all the way) yesterday and what a difference. No more chain slap (with clutch on) and shifting is much crisper.
Went for my early morning ride and did 24.2 miles at an average speed of 21.7 with a top speed of 30.2. While this bike is heavy and not nimble it sure can fly.

Not bad at all!

Interesting. What did you upgrade from? I have an ST1 Elite with 9 gears and Sora derailleur (so only one ring in the front). I crashed the bike and damaged the derailleur and Sina was kind enough to send me his rear XT derailleur to replace my damaged Sora. I'm just about healed up and was thinking about getting back in the saddle. So do I need to change anything more than the derailleur? Chain? I believe he sent me the "Long" version of the XT from his Stromer.

Interesting. What did you upgrade from? I have an ST1 Elite with 9 gears and Sora derailleur (so only one ring in the front). I crashed the bike and damaged the derailleur and Sina was kind enough to send me his rear XT derailleur to replace my damaged Sora. I'm just about healed up and was thinking about getting back in the saddle. So do I need to change anything more than the derailleur? Chain? I believe he sent me the "Long" version of the XT from his Stromer.
I installed an XTR rear and front derailleur plus XTR shifters. The shifters have a very precise feel to them and the XTR Shadow Plus rear has a clutch which tightens the chain a bit and prevents chain slap. I tried it out this morning over my usual bumpy roads and the rear was quiet. Shifts superbly. No change to the chain The derailleur must support the rear wheel gearset. My XTR rear is designed for a shimano 10 gear hub.

Wow, you did a lot of cool things to customize and upgrade to suit your needs. Impressive it sounds really sweet.

I installed an XTR rear and front derailleur plus XTR shifters. The shifters have a very precise feel to them and the XTR Shadow Plus rear has a clutch which tightens the chain a bit and prevents chain slap. I tried it out this morning over my usual bumpy roads and the rear was quiet. Shifts superbly. No change to the chain The derailleur must support the rear wheel gearset. My XTR rear is designed for a shimano 10 gear hub.
Can I ask what model front XTR derailleur you installed? Specifically what mounting bracket was utilized?
Thanks!

Not sure that there is a model. Simply a Shimano XTR front derailleur. I have no idea what bracket was used.

Back