New Wallke x3 owner questions.

Osub107

Region
USA
Several questions,
Is the pedal assist not supposed to kick in for several revolutions of the crank?( told this is normal and is set for safety.)
Also speedometer does not work when coasting?( I was told this was done to the 2021 model per overwhelming customer request?)
Concerning battery life monitoring, the level jumps up and down constantly. (It does balance out if you stop the bike for a few minutes) not a huge issue.
At 100% charge and 31 mph set as max the bike (lifted off the ground won’t go over 24mph)

Really like the comfort and sturdiness of the bike,seems to really have been over represented in advertising concerning the 2021 Model.
We own two other brands of ebikes that were hundreds of dollars less expensive and worked flawless right out of the box.

Online reviews mentioned none of this, sorry I didn’t find this forum earlier.

Yea you’re not alone. Many of us new x3 pro owners were having these issues. You can visit my thread for more info. To sum it up, Wallke was willing to fix these issues but not everyone’s bike got fixed. Both Users Slick silver and Mikduk were sent with a new controller and motor and that fixed everything, they even have regen now. Another user and I were sent with just the motor and that gave us more speed (28mph) and power but everything else was same as before. Two other users here also got sent a new motor but it didn’t do anything for them. If I were you, I would email wallke and have them send you both the controller and motor.

Yea you’re not alone. Many of us new x3 pro owners were having these issues. You can visit my thread for more info. To sum it up, Wallke was willing to fix these issues but not everyone’s bike got fixed. Both Users Slick silver and Mikduk were sent with a new controller and motor and that fixed everything, they even have regen now. Another user and I were sent with just the motor and that gave us more speed (28mph) and power but everything else was same as before. Two other users here also got sent a new motor but it didn’t do anything for them. If I were you, I would email wallke and have them send you both the controller and motor.
Thanks for the info. They told me speedo not working when coasting was changed because customers were requesting it. They stated the assist not kicking in for several revolutions was done for safety. I haven’t received a response concerning the speed issue.

Thanks for the info. They told me speedo not working when coasting was changed because customers were requesting it. They stated the assist not kicking in for several revolutions was done for safety. I haven’t received a response concerning the speed issue.
Interesting. We didn’t get these responses. Did you suggest to have them send you a new motor and controller that are tested? This bike costs two thousand dollars and it really shouldn’t have these issues so don’t shy away from letting them know. We’re on you’re side.

This is the response i got when i ask them about these issues;
For the speed, it is normal when it goes to 24 mph. It is in the range as our advertisement on the website 24-26 mph.

As you have used the coupon code from Youtube Channel, I think you must have watched the video made by desert prep. He has made clear in the video and also made comment for the bike.

When you don't use the motor, the display will not show speed. That is normal for the design, but will not influence the usage of the bike.

The regen function doesn't help a lot, and sometimes it will hurt the elctric part of the bike. Therefore the bike has removed this function.

Back