New Vado Owner

It looks to me the specialized bag is on the incorrect side of the bike. They offer slightly improved wind resistance but it looks like the larger non smooth side is forward to the wind?
Notice the cut for the heel. When the pannier was on the other side, I was constantly hitting the bag with my heel. Then I noticed the cut and moved the pannier to the other side. Issue solved. (Now the heel is safely passing the pannier).

1658341791712.png

I saw this bike in the stand at my bike store, fell in love with the red (have wanted a red bike since I was a kid) and now am the proud owner of one. Congratulations on your new bike. I am now going to start purchasing accessories for commuting and will be watching to see what others are using.
Really pleased with mine thus far. 🙂

Is there a way to show your heart rate on the display ? I see where I can connect my heart rate monitor but not display it.
I love the bike so far, but not much riding time yet with the temps here around 105

I am new to commuting - what are the best panniers/bags to get ? I am so excited about riding to work !!

Is there a way to show your heart rate on the display ? I see where I can connect my heart rate monitor but not display it.
I love the bike so far, but not much riding time yet with the temps here around 105

I am new to commuting - what are the best panniers/bags to get ? I am so excited about riding to work !!
Generally, it is the brand Ortlieb that makes waterproof panniers with a pretty universal QL2.1 mounting system that fits most of racks. However, the new Vado rack is of the MIK system. As I had no chance to try fitting an Ortlieb pannier to a MIK rack, I cannot really tell.

Generally, it is the brand Ortlieb that makes waterproof panniers with a pretty universal QL2.1 mounting system that fits most of racks. However, the new Vado rack is of the MIK system. As I had no chance to try fitting an Ortlieb pannier to a MIK rack, I cannot really tell.
Here are my ortleibs on my COMO. love them.

Attachments

• A069BC4E-0703-4D2C-AC65-6F70D880CBBB.jpeg
    A069BC4E-0703-4D2C-AC65-6F70D880CBBB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
No issue - in fact the mechanic that built the bike at my LBS said he has never seen panniers fit so well on a rack. You need to use the right spacer that comes with the bag, but its great. high quality and looks cool, highly recommend.

No issue - in fact the mechanic that built the bike at my LBS said he has never seen panniers fit so well on a rack. You need to use the right spacer that comes with the bag, but its great. high quality and looks cool, highly recommend.
Good to hear it! I use numerous models of Ortlieb panniers on my bigger Vado (Racktime rack), and on other e-bikes I owned/own. The Vado SL was not that easy because of its far smaller rack!

Question - are you able to see your heart rate on display ? I have been trying to figure out how to make that work.
I can connect to mission control but can’t figure how to make it show up.

You have tu use Mission Control app to add HR to one of your data screens on the display.

Howdy neighbor! I'm from SE MN here, and will be picking up my Vado 4.0 this evening. I hope you've been enjoying it so far, I've been snooping here for the last few days doing plenty of research. I also opted to go for the fasterest red...as I'm told that is the Specialized name for it around here :D Cheers!

Howdy neighbor! I'm from SE MN here, and will be picking up my Vado 4.0 this evening. I hope you've been enjoying it so far, I've been snooping here for the last few days doing plenty of research. I also opted to go for the fasterest red...as I'm told that is the Specialized name for it around here :D Cheers!
Where in the SE? WInona?

I'm a bit more South, and less East? Haha, I'm down in Rochester. A bit more traveling to get places, but still some awesome trails none the less. It would be fun to hit up Winona and Lanesboro more now.
You have bike lanes! We have NONE in Winona. Lanesboro is AWESOME!! Students are back and with them, the young drivers, making bike riding an adventure in self-preservation...

You're very correct on that. I'll be doing my first commute through the downtown maze on Sunday, thankfully it will be fairly quiet. It still blows my mind how swift these things are without working hard even in the eco mode. I have mine turned down to 25% and my sport down to 50%. I might do some more fine tuning with Mission Control and the assist since I don't have a ton of hills except for the last one to get home.

Back