New Turbo Vado 5.0 is a 2021 :)

Maybe the first shipment post lockdown. A collector's item for sure. ;)

I am still riding my 2015 Turbo (base model with Turbo S battery and Shimano XT 11 speed). I have also upgraded to a Kinekt seatpost and a suspended stem to improve the ride.

What kind of brakes/shifter does your 2021 Vado 5.0 have? Tires? Does it still have fenders and Racktime rack? Of course, I am assuming it has the TCD display as well. What version of the Bose motor does it now ship with?

There have been quite a few spec changes on the Vado since it was first announced, so I was just interested in what the current state of the art is.

Got my new ride today, went to the Specialized site to register it as well as to add it to my Velosure insurance policy, and the Specialized site upon entering the serial number states it is a 2021 model.
Cool. Eh?
I bought my Vado 4 as a 2020 model last month (June). Just went to the Specialized site to register is and it registered as a 2021 model 😀

I am still riding my 2015 Turbo (base model with Turbo S battery and Shimano XT 11 speed). I have also upgraded to a Kinekt seatpost and a suspended stem to improve the ride.

What kind of brakes/shifter does your 2021 Vado 5.0 have? Tires? Does it still have fenders and Racktime rack? Of course, I am assuming it has the TCD display as well. What version of the Bose motor does it now ship with?

There have been quite a few spec changes on the Vado since it was first announced, so I was just interested in what the current state of the art is.
We are all interested in the latest and greatest. Please review.

Last edited:

2020/2021 Vado 5.0 comes with the 1.3 motor, 600wh battery, XT brakes, SLX shifter, full fenders and rack, and TCD.

I found a Yellow 4.0 in the box but haven't justified buying it as a 2nd bike to use for those 'get away' well deserved vacations.
The reality, other than style, is visibility.
With all the wackadoozies who would rather run bicyclists down with their cars, being more visible to me, is extremely important.

Where on the specialized website does it state the year?

Attachments

• Vado.png
    Vado.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 166
Vadomatic: Ye Goode Ole Specialized are notorious of introducing small design changes without announcing them. Yet, the advent of the TCD-w was with the MY2020, and that was a major upgrade!

Back