New Specialized Creo Owner in Arizona

Arizona John

Hi, I'm a long time cycling enthusiast. I typically get in about 3K miles a year, all on road bikes (Colnago, Specialized, Cinelli) over the years. Well, I'm now 79 years old, live in the foothills of mountains, and my hips and knees are not what they used to be. So, I bought a Specialized Creo SL EVO Comp. I'm ready to not only ride the steeper climbs (up to a 14% grade) but to get in gravel and forest road rides. I'd also like to go on some of the easier mountain bike routes. Question: how wide of a tire will fit? I have heard that someone put 45's on his Creo. Can anyone confirm that?

If there are any other forum members in the Carefree, AZ area with similar interests, please contact me ([email protected]).

Hello and welcome to EBR. You will find several other threads on your bike by searching for SL in the specialized forum.

Welcome to the forum. I used to eat at the Horny Toad in Carefree back in the mid to late 70's.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a long time cycling enthusiast. I typically get in about 3K miles a year, all on road bikes (Colnago, Specialized, Cinelli) over the years. Well, I'm now 79 years old, live in the foothills of mountains, and my hips and knees are not what they used to be. So, I bought a Specialized Creo SL EVO Comp. I'm ready to not only ride the steeper climbs (up to a 14% grade) but to get in gravel and forest road rides. I'd also like to go on some of the easier mountain bike routes. Question: how wide of a tire will fit? I have heard that someone put 45's on his Creo. Can anyone confirm that?

If there are any other forum members in the Carefree, AZ area with similar interests, please contact me ([email protected]).
Welcome. I have this same bike. It’s freaking awesome. It was the best purchase I made in quite awhile honestly.

Welcome to the EBR forums, AJ. The Creo has been a game changer for many including myself. If you get the chance, post a few images of your new EVO.

Back