New here, would like to say hello to everyone

ebiker89

Hello everyone!

I am very new here. I recently purchased a voltbike urban for commuting to work. I enjoy it very much, but am not an expert about ebikes. I want to learn more about them, and I'm glad to find this site. I read several posts from many active members who are very kind and generous to share their knowledge to help others. I want to say thanks to everyone.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I am very new here. I recently purchased a voltbike urban for commuting to work. I enjoy it very much, but am not an expert about ebikes. I want to learn more about them, and I'm glad to find this site. I read several posts from many active members who are very kind and generous to share their knowledge to help others. I want to thanks to everyone.

Hi,

You found the best ebike website, and forum. Court works hard at making it great.

How far is your commute, and how have you found the urban? I'm considering getting one, but don't want to make a mistake.

How far is your commute, and how have you found the urban? I'm considering getting one, but don't want to make a mistake.

So far so good. I've been riding it for only four months now. I don't ride it much, just from home to work and back every day for less than 15 km each day. Have no problem going up hills. The fastest I went a few times was up to 29 km/h. I don't have the need for speed or to see how tough my bike can tolerate. Prefer to treat it gently. I rode in the pouring rain three times. Wore raincoat and rainpants. No trouble riding on the wet pavement. I did wrap the controller and the throttle with Saran wrap and tied them with elastic bands on both ends to prevent them from getting wet. I enjoy it very much and have no problem so far. I still ride my 26" regular bike whenever I like.

Hi BowtieDuck again,

I don't know if you would prefer Urban or Yukon. An Urban is good in a way that it is foldable and lighter, so you can put it in the trunk of a suv or a small car easily. A Yukon is stronger because it's a fat bike and has higher power battery (500W). It looks masculine and sturdy and cool. I saw on Voltbike facebook, https://www.facebook.com/voltbikes, many men bought the Yukon, and they gave quite some good feedback and rated it with 4, 5 stars. The price is very affordable.

Last edited:
So far so good. I've been riding it for only four months now. I don't ride it much, just from home to work and back every day for less than 15 km each day. Have no problem going up hills. The fastest I went a few times was up to 29 km/h. I don't have the need for speed or to see how tough my bike can tolerate. Prefer to treat it gently. I rode in the pouring rain three times. Wore raincoat and rainpants. No trouble riding on the wet pavement. I did wrap the controller and the throttle with Saran wrap and tied them with elastic bands on both ends to prevent them from getting wet. I enjoy it very much and have no problem so far. I still ride my 26" regular bike whenever I like.

Thanks ebiker89! This is exactly what I wanted. :)

I don't know if I would want the Yukon; I like folding ability. Of course, I wish there was an affordable folding bike with 26/700 wheels, but I have not ever seen one of those.

Do you ever encounter mud, sand, and gravel on your trips with it?

How often do you have to charge the battery?

Would the controller/throttle work in the rain?

Why do you still ride the 26 bike?

Can you ride the urban easily without the motor on?

Thank you so much!

I think there are some 26 inch folder, like the prodeco stride or some other prodeco bikes

Did you do a search in the reviews under folders

There are 26" electric folding bikes. I see there's one kind on www.amazon.com now on sale for US $756.99. It's bigger and heavier, I guess. It seems nice and has 5 stars rating by 3 people. It's just not brand name and only 250W, so it may not be very cool as some others. You get what you pay for. But who knows. If you don't care much about brand name and don't need high speed and tough bike, then that one may be good enough.

To answer a few questions you asked above: I never rode in mud or sand. Did ride on gravel a little bit. When I use my Urban, I always put it on assist level 1. Just don't feel the need for 2, 3, 4, 5. It would use up battery faster. I want to paddle too. The higher level the less you have to paddle. If you paddle, it will go quite fast. I charge my bike every two or three days; just leave it in my trunk and pull the cord in to the car and charge it. When it rains, you better to cover the controller and the throttle as I said in my last post. You sure can ride the electric bike without turning on the motor (controller) easily. But the Urban is 20", therefore it does not go as fast as the 26". When you don't turn it on, you just need to use more energy to paddle like riding the regular one. I still ride my regular bike because I want to exercise more sometimes.

Last edited:
There are 26" electric folding bikes. I see there's one kind on www.amazon.com now on sale for US $756.99. It's bigger and heavier, I guess. It seems nice and have 5 stars rating by 3 people. It's just not brand name and only 250W, so it may not be very cool as some others. You get what you pay for. But who knows. If you don't care much about brand name and don't need high speed and tough bike, then that one may be good enough.

To answer a few questions you asked above: I never rode in mud or sand. Did ride on gravel a little bit. When I use my Urban, I always put it on assist level 1. Just don't feel the need for 2, 3, 4, 5. I want to paddle too. The higher level the less you have to paddle. If you paddle, it will go quite fast. I charge my bike every two or three days; just leave it in my trunk and pull the cord in to the car and charge it. When it rains, you better to cover the controller and the throttle as I said in my last post. You sure can ride the electric bike without turning on the motor (controller) easily. But the Urban is 20", therefore it does not go as fast as the 26". When you don't turn it on, you just need to use more energy to paddle like riding the regular one. I still ride my regular bike because I want to exercise more sometimes.
Thank you for the great response!

Hello @ebiker89 Sounds like you are riding a fair amount and much more gentle than I on the ebike. Looks forward in updates on how the urban works out for you. :)

ca4eeb8916d3f710b272064e882bedf5.jpg

Hello @ebiker89 Sounds like you are riding a fair amount and much more gentle than I on the ebike. Looks forward in updates on how the urban works out for you. :)

Hi @Cnugget I've been using it everyday, for going to work mainly. The paths I ride are not rough. I enjoy it very much. Too bad winter is coming soon. I will have to put it away. I've converted a regular bike to be an electric one and put two winter tires on it. It's very strong and nice. But I'm still scared somewhat. Never rode a bicycle in the winter before. We have lots of snow here (prefer not to say location). I will see how it goes.

Back