New Headlight

TXDego

Put a real headlight on my ride, makes a huge difference. I ride in the evening mostly, sometimes I go late and end up finishing up just as its getting dark. The stock headlight is worthless, not even sure why they waste the money to put it on. Bought this one off amazon, think it was 2 lights for $15, since I have 2 bikes, worked out perfect. Just used some crimp on connectors to splice the wires, all in took about 10 minutes to install.
Headlight1.jpg
Headlight2.jpg

If I were driving and got those in the face I’d be frustrated. Cheap yes, but is blinding oncoming traffic safe?

If I were driving and got those in the face I’d be frustrated. Cheap yes, but is blinding oncoming traffic safe?
So many little snowflakes in this world. A. Its shinning down not up, certainly less blinding than another oncoming car; B. I don't care if your frustrated or blinded, I want to be able to see whats in front of me, I am concerned about my safety, not yours, my safety on a bike>your safety in a car; C. I live in a semi-rural area just outside a large city area where all these ass hat bikers ride in the evenings with these worthless little bike lights and I almost run one over every night because I can't see them. Would love it every single biker had a big ole bright shining light even if it blinded me, beats running a biker over or killing one because I could not see them.

Roads are shared, I prefer to survive as a good citizen, and not as a hazard. The German standard lights are far more effective at lighting and as a result proven safer. I tried the same route. But take it for what it’s worth. My 55 years of riding kinda limits my experience and perspective. <wink>

I am just curious do we know what the max wattage is on the display/controller? I know on my other bike it is only 5 watts if you use the switch on the display and you can also use a different set of wires from controller and do a 30 watt light but need to use a separate switch to light. I do not know the answer just throwing it out so people be careful not to burn up the controller or display.

What voltage was your original light?

Looks like the specs say it needs a 12V Supply.

I just confirmed my stock headlight works off the battery voltage ~ 48V.

Not saying that the light can't handle the higher voltage - It may help keep the current down - depending on what's inside your new headlight.

Alternately, the higher voltage could be causing damage to your new lights and they may burn out prematurely.

If you read the light specs it clearly says "Voltage: 10~ 48V ", I specifically looked for a light that could handle 48V

Here is my instructions from a different controller, again this is not the Yukon 2018 controller. I have no idea if it applies to any other controller or not, was just throwing it out there since we do not have specific information for the LSW1106-58-10F included with the latest Yukon 2018.

1533139591705.png

If you read the light specs it clearly says "Voltage: 10~ 48V ", I specifically looked for a light that could handle 48V

Fair enough - I don't see those specs on the listing that is linked, it only shows 12V - I didn't look any further.

However, a full 48V pack is almost 55V.

Just hoping it doesn't cause any damage to the light or bike with the few extra volts. It really depends on how well it was made/designed.

Fair enough - I don't see those specs on the listing that is linked, it only shows 12V - I didn't look any further.

However, a full 48V pack is almost 55V.

Just hoping it doesn't cause any damage to the light or bike with the few extra volts. It really depends on how well it was made/designed.
Typically makers understand that a 36V battery is 42V and a 48V battery is 54.6. You won't have an issue.

Hi, just want to know how is the light working so far? and does the display/controller handle the wattage fine? I ordered one on amazon and wana know if it will work fine on original display wiring. Thanks.

Back