New Garmin Bits

DiggyGun

Region
United Kingdom
City
Buckinghamshire
Fitted the new Garmin Varia Front Light and Varia Rear Light / Radar combo.
IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1867.jpeg

The existing Varia Radar Display Unit fitted easily onto the new Out Front Mount.

DG…

Last edited:
Great setup. I have similar but with the 830 headunit

The bike has a Bosch Nyon head unit, so I control them from my Garmin Epix watch.

With the watch, there is a vibration when the radar works, so you can then look at the RDU for more detail.
DG…

Fitted the new Garmin Varia Front Light and Varia Rear Light / Radar combo.
View attachment 159863View attachment 159864

The existing Varia Radar Display Unit fitted easily onto the new Out Front Mount.

DG…
Hey DG. How are you liking your Varia 515? How long does it hold a full charge for? My 315 has been a stellar performer over the years but the battery is beginning to fade. I see Garmin has select devices on sale now and thought that it might be a good opportunity to pull the trigger on the 515. I’ll likely continue using the 315 for short trips or until it decides to bite the dust.

Hey DG. How are you liking your Varia 515? How long does it hold a full charge for? My 315 has been a stellar performer over the years but the battery is beginning to fade. I see Garmin has select devices on sale now and thought that it might be a good opportunity to pull the trigger on the 515. I’ll likely continue using the 315 for short trips or until it decides to bite the dust.
Hi @Prairie Dog

I really like it and it seems to hold the charge very well.

I use it in Day Flash mode and if I use it every day, I get about four days out of it. Garmin state that it has 16 hours of battery life.

Another thing I like about it, is that it works well with my Garmin Epix watch. It vibrates on my wrist and then I look at the Radar Display Unit to see how many cars there are and their speed.

Makes riding a bit easier I think.

DG…

Hi @Prairie Dog

I really like it and it seems to hold the charge very well.

I use it in Day Flash mode and if I use it every day, I get about four days out of it. Garmin state that it has 16 hours of battery life.

Another thing I like about it, is that it works well with my Garmin Epix watch. It vibrates on my wrist and then I look at the Radar Display Unit to see how many cars there are and their speed.

Makes riding a bit easier I think.

DG…
Thanks for the feedback, DG. Decided to pull the trigger on the 515 and will continue using the 315 for shorter rides in conjunction with a Cygolite rear flasher.

Back